Peninsula School Feeding Association
The Peninsula School Feeding Association is a non-profit organisation operating within the Western Cape.The Peninsula School Feeding Association (PSFA) is a registered nonprofit organisation established in 1958 when the government at the time discontinued the national school feeding programme. Since then, PSFA has been providing meals to hungry school children across the Western Province, including distant rural areas.
The Peninsula School Feeding Association seeks to appoint Fieldworker to be based in Western Cape.
Report to: Operations Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ongoing communication with school staff regarding the programme;
- Conducting regular school and site visits to ensure that programme implementation is in line with objectives;
- Provisions of ongoing support and guidance to schools based teams;
- Monitoring of stock levels (consumables and equipment), consumption rates and addressing challenges to efficient and cost-effective meal preparation and service;
- Giving input into meal preparation processes;
- Ensuring food safety and hygiene standards have adhered to;
- Completing all relevant site reports and other documentation;
- Recruiting and training volunteers;
- Processing new school application requests within agreed parameters;
- Working with schools to encourage community participation in meal preparation;
- Facilitating workshops, information sessions and stakeholder meetings as necessary.
- To be fluent in isiXhosa and English;
- To have an unendorsed driver’s licence and own vehicle;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience gained in community outreach work or the education sector;
- Nutritional insight very advantageous;
- Good administrative skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to influence different audiences;
- A passion for the work of PSFA and a willingness to adopt our core values;
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
In return, we offer a supportive working environment and a structured remuneration package.
Please submit your CV (no certificates please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for the position will close on the 04th December 2020.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Further communication will be entered into only with those under consideration for the position.
PFSA reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about Peninsula School Feeding Association, refer to www.psfa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies