THINK TB & HIV Investigative Network
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Opportunity Type: Fixed term Contract
Start Date: 01 January 2021
Location: eThekwini / uMgungundlovu
Application Closing date: Subject to applicant suitability
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation engaging with the local community, government and international funders, THINK has provided care to over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carried out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for a USAID-funded project aimed to strengthen the health care delivery platform for TB in the provinces of KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Under the direction of the M&E Advisor, s/he will ensure the completion of monitoring and evaluation activities across project components and will supervise coordination of District M&E teams.
- Assist the M&E Advisor in the development and implementation of processes and methodologies to ensure consistent data collection and management in keeping with the MEL plan and other M&E related documents.
- Oversee data collection and analysis to assess the impact of the project activities on both DS and DR-TB service delivery platform in districts of responsibility
- Assist in the preparation of M&E reports and presentations to USAID and other key stakeholders
- Track and analyse project indicators and capture best practices and lessons learned to incorporate into project activities
- Provide on-going training and mentoring on their responsibilities for monitoring and evaluation
- Present on-going findings to project staff to ensure on-going learning
- Oversee daily work-related monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities of the project
- Perform other duties as required.
- An appropriate degree in Public Health, Social, Statistics, Information or in related/relevant field.
- An additional qualification in M&E is a minimum requirement
- Demonstrated a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience of progressively increasing responsibility in the monitoring & Evaluation of public health programs in South Africa, preferably Tuberculosis.
- At least five (3) years of experience of working in the areas of TB, DR-TB, HIV, and public health. Good knowledge of TB diagnosis and treatment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
- Excellent English language skills and written and oral communication skills
- A valid Code B Driver’s License and own transport
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be subject to applicant suitability. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to HR Officer, N Msweli– firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at: