TCOE is a national organisation established in 1983 working in strengthening rural movements towards access to land and rural livelihoods promoting agroecology and alternatives as well as holding rural governance to account.
TCOE, seeks to appoint a National Coordinator, to coordinate its work with rural women,to be based in Eastern Cape.
Employment Type: Fixed term contract until December 2023, subject to successful completion of a 6-month Probation Period.
- Coordinates the operations of the TCOE/ RWA (Rural Women’s Assembly) in South Africa and its strategic objectives in support of the Directors
- Conceptualizes and drives, as part of a national team, the national programme as defined by the TCOE/ RWA South Africa and strategic partners in Southern Africa
- Coordinates and leads reporting and fundraising processes of the RWA
- Participates in the RWA SADC reference group
- Liaises, facilitates and engages with external stakeholders including government
- Keeps abreast of relevant policies in the sector for the TCOE/RWA to engage with
- Convenes campaigns, supports and amplifies lobbying and advocacy initiatives of the RWA and its strategic partners
- Assists in organising and conceptualising the annual feminist school and oversees study circles
- Monitoring of RWA national activities
- Tertiary qualification in a related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in managing programmes or networks
- Applied knowledge, meaningful engagement with current land affairs and experience within the civil society sector
- Experience with lobbying, advocacy and campaigning
- Strategic thinker with basic research and work well in a collective
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities
- Good interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Good writing skills and presentation skills in English
- South African citizenship or permanent residence status
- Own transport and valid unendorsed Code 8 Driver’s license
- Competent in self-management
- Extensive travel will be required
- Experience in working with rural women, gender and land rights
- Proficiency in two or more official South African languages
All applications must include a letter motivating suitability for this position, current salary details and a CV, including 3 contactable references.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com by 30 November 2020. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For further information, please call 021 6853033.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Trust for Community Outreach and Education, refer to www.tcoe.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.