Johannesburg Children’s Home (JCH)
The Johannesburg Children’s Home (JCH), one of the oldest Child and Youth Care Centre’s in Johannesburg provided a ‘home away from home’ and cared for thousands of children over the past 127 years. JCH seeks to employ a Social Work Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure all aspects of the Social Work and Child Care service delivery run effectively and efficiently according to the Children’s Act.
Key Performance areas:
- To participate in the senior management team to drive innovation, assist with policy development and budgeting for the social work and child care department
- To lead an effective multi- disciplinary team in order to provide the best possible care for all the children served by JCH now and in the future
- To conduct in service training and development and maintain effective HR processes for all reportees
- To oversee all statutory and social work related matters in respect of all children served by JCH
- To develop and implement community parenting development programme for ECD
Requirements for the Job:
- Social Work registration with the SASSP,
- 8 year’s work experience
- 3 year’s Senior Management experience
- Statutory work experience
- Community Work Experience
- Counselling skills & Play therapy
- Training Experience
- Programme Development and monitoring skills
- 2 years M & E experience
- Ability to implement M & E systems
- Previous experience with electronic M & E systems will be an advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Financial management for non- financial managers
- Driver’s licence.
- Previous work experience at a CYCC will be an advantage
Please send CV’s marked Social Work Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 25 November 2020
If you have not heard from us by 30 November 2020, please consider your application as unsuccessful.