CHIVA South Africa Foundation
CHIVA South Africa is dedicated to improving healthcare for children and adolescents living with HIV in South Africa. We provide mentoring, teaching and support to healthcare professionals caring for the country’s most vulnerable population - its children and adolescents. We share expertise to build skills and capacity, resulting in a generation of treatment South African health professionals that is better equipped to provide young people living with HIV the expert and care that they need.
CHIVA seeks to appoint a Clinical Nurse Mentor to be based in uMzinyathi District ( Durban).
Employment Type:fixed term contract for 12 months
Start Date: January 2021
The Clinical Nurse Mentor is responsible for delivering targeted teaching and mentoring to all cadres of healthcare workers in 20 selected clinics across uMzinyathi district. The aim of the programme is to improve the skills and competencies of healthcare workers to manage the complex and diverse needs of children and adolescents living with HIV.
- At least 5 years’ experience of directly managing children and adolescents on ART in a clinical setting
- Must include ART management, adherence, disclosure of HIV status and SRHR for adolescents
- Provide on-site and remote mentoring support to 20 selected clinics in uMzinyathi District
- Provide teaching on key clinical aspects of healthcare provision to children and adolescents
- Initiate, facilitate and mentor staff in quality improvement processes
- Identify requirements for staff capacitation, infrastructure, systems, and supply of drugs and equipment, and develop plans with each facility to meet these requirements
- Assess the quality and efficiency of services delivered to children and adolescents and assist with development of interventions to close any identified gaps
- Complete and maintain comprehensive and clear clinic visit records
- Submit monthly reports as required by CHIVA SA and donors
- Assist the M&E Officer with reviewing and aligning indicators according to the requirements of Department of Health
- Assist with the compilation and circulation of reports
- Qualification in nursing and registration with appropriate body; NIMART trained
- Expertise in the following: child and adolescent health, teaching and mentoring, child protection; monitoring & evaluation, HIV management
- Proven experience of clinical management and disclosure of HIV diagnosis to children/adolescents
- Clean, valid driving licence and willingness to drive for purposes of work
- Knowledge of national policies and guidelines regarding primary healthcare services, HIV, TB, child and adolescent health
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate (Microsoft Suite)
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Willing to travel to rural districts of KwaZulu-Natal for a week at a time
The nature of the work necessitates that it is an inherent condition of employment that the incumbent be a competent, proficient driver of a manual vehicle, who is willing and able to drive regularly to fulfil the commitments of their job description.
To apply, submit your CV and a covering letter in which you are requested to highlight how you specifically meet the minimum requirements for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not have received feedback within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
CHIVA South Africa will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies.
For more information about CHIVA South Africa, please refer to www.chiva-africa.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies