National Department of Health
Nexia SAB&T seeks to appoint dynamic individual on fixed term contracts at the National Department of Health (In Pretoria) to fill the following position:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: DEMAND PLANNING (3 Positions) (Ref: 06/08/20)CTC: R376 596 per annum
CTC: R376 596 per annum
Dynamic individuals to provide provincial and national customers with a demand forecast and the cash up thereof, on a short, medium and long-term basis so that business decisions can be made and to support the health product value chain planning requirements and in so doing, improving medicine availability. Scope is around 2000 SKUs across almost 4000 facilities with a total cost of around R20bn. This role requires a high level of analytical skills, problem solving capabilities, communication skills, and ability to engage at all levels across the organisation.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum qualification of a 3 year bachelor’s degree/ national diploma or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification in Supply Chain Management, Statistics or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in Demand and/or Supply Planning in a public or private sector
- An orientation towards the quantitative disciplines in statistics and economics would be advantageous
- Advanced MS Excel skills and ability to manage big data
- General Supply Chain Management knowledge
- Familiar with relevant legislation including the PFMA, PPPFA and B-BBEEA
- Familiar with the broad concepts such as the national medicines policy, essential medicines lists, standard treatment guidelines
- Exposure to the pharmaceutical industry is desirable
- Data preparation, analysis, interpretation and baseline statistical forecast (20%)
- Enrichment of demand plans with provincial and national program input (20%)
- Cash up of the forecast in support of the financial budgeting process (20%)
- Monitor demand plans, analyse trends, calculate and review key performance indicators, and conduct the provincial demand review (20%)
- Publish demand plan to key stakeholders and provide management information and feedback to key customers (15%)
- Manage risk and audit queries (5%)
Please forward your request to firstname.lastname@example.org for the detailed job specification and application form. Please reflect the position you intend applying for in the subject line. Use the Z83 form when applying the position.
Applicants who do not receive a response within 6 weeks of the closing date must regard their response as unsuccessful, as communique would only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Nexia SAB&T reserves the right not to appoint.