Location: Cape Town - CBD
Reporting to: Chairperson, Governing Board
Nature of contract: Permanent
Salary range: R40,000 – R50,000 p/m (CTC) Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Provident Fund, Company car
Commencement date: 01 March 2021
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The Homestead is a registered Non-Profit Organization providing prevention, early intervention and reintegration services to street children and children at risk in Cape Town.
Programmes include street outreach, drop in centers, two 24 - hour residential care facilities, family preservation and family reintegration.
The role of the Director is to further lead and develop the organization, its staff, volunteers, services, projects and initiatives. The Director will be responsible for driving the overall strategy, fundraising, corporate governance, operations and ensuring service excellence.
We are looking for a dynamic Director, who is not only solution orientated, but passionate and driven about protecting the rights, needs and well being of the most vulnerable children of our community.
Applicants must demonstrate and have experience and knowledge of working in the childcare sector, particularly residential care and early intervention projects, as well as leading a professional multi disciplinary team.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall management of the organization
- Coordinating strategic and operational planning
- Governance and compliance management within a NPO legislative framework applicable to the childcare sector
- Overseeing the management of the Homestead’s finances and reporting thereon timeously and accurately to the Governing Board
- Developing and directing financial strategy and accountability
- Overseeing human resource practices, systems and compliance
- Build motivated staff teams and provide coaching and development
- Fundraising, servicing and maintaining of the donor base
- Public relations and networking
- Initiating and supervising new and existing programmes
- Overseeing human resource practices and systems
- Writing and presenting of fund raising proposals
- Participating in sectoral advocacy and lobbying efforts
- Sit on Management Board as ex officio member.
- Regular site (Unit) visits to Khayelitsha, Manenberg, Valhalla & District six.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Acting as the face and voice of the organization, the ideal applicant will have the following competencies:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Management or other degree with relevant experience essential (preferably, but not exclusively, in Social Work)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a leadership position is essential, with the ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, staff, projects and budgets.
- Creating and maintaining a motivational climate, and constructive working relationships, which promotes valued and engaged employees within a unionized environment.
- Experience of working in the non-profit sector in partnership with the provincial and national government and relevant donors.
- Proven track record of fundraising essential
- Experience with donor applications and reporting
- Writing and presenting of fund raising proposals essential
- Ability to work effectively at an executive level (Man Com)
- An established track record of sound financial management
- Sound grasp of development issues affecting children and families
- In depth knowledge of the respective Child care acts and laws
- Proven track record of designing, developing, implementing and executing organizational strategy.
- Ability to engender trust and respect from others, and motivate stakeholder’s confidence in the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to sensitively manage challenging situations in a dignified and confidential manner
- Ability to network, influence and work alongside and together with stakeholders, beneficiaries, staff and community.
- Excellent organizational abilities, flexibility and high tolerance for working under pressure and managing conflicting priorities.
- Well-developed writing and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer literate
Application process: Please submit a CV (3 pages), a motivation letter highlighting your suitability and relevant experience, plus details of three contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 November 2020.