JET Education Services
JET Education Services (JET) is an independent, nonprofit organisation that works with government, the private sector, international development agencies and education institutions to improve the quality of education and the relationship between education, skills development and the world of work.
JET Education Services seeks to appoint a Specialist Manager to be based in Johannesburg.
Employment Type: Permanent employment contract will be offered subject to a three month probation period.
The Specialist Manager: M&E will work under the guidance of the Executive Manager: M&E and alongside the current Specialist Manager: M&E to manage M&E projects which include providing internal support for JET projects/programmes and external support to clients (evaluations, development of a theory of change and M&E frameworks and other M&E support services).
Postgraduate qualification (Masters and qualification in M&E preferred. Other relevant disciplines that would be considered include Research, Psychology, Development Studies, Economics, Statistics, Education)
Minimum of 5-8 years in a similar environment, with at least 3 years of management experience
- Conceptualisation of M&E assignments
- Theory of Change/M&E framework development
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Report writing, data visualisation, presentation
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Client liaison
- Project management
- Proven skills in organisation, including time management.
- Financial management, team and people management.
- Problem-solving ability, conflict resolution
- Deadline driven
- Ethical, diligent, honest and professional
- Ability to work confidently and productively on own initiative and manage a diverse and demanding workload to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work overtime as and when project demands require it, within reason
- Willingness to travel
A valid driver’s license and ability to drive a manual motor vehicle are required.
Ability to communicate in other South Africa languages would be an advantage.
Applications must be made online here no later than 22 November 2020, 17h00.
Late applications will not be considered. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on 26/27 November.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about JET Education Services, refer to www.jet.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies