University of Stellenbosch (USB)
USB: Post Graduate Diploma in Leadership Development for NPOs
*Applications close 30 November 2020*
Now heading into its second year, the Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership Development with a focus on NPOs is a modular, blended learning programme that takes place over one year. It is a learning journey uniquely designed for those who want to improve their ability to lead NPOs in the fulfilment of their social purpose by building personal, team and organisational leadership competencies.
For full details and the route to apply on the USB website:
- Suited to current, or aspiring, executive-level NPO, Social Enterprise or CSI leaders
- The only course of its kind on the continent, developed in association with international experts
- Blended learning format, significant fee relief increasing convenience and reducing total costs
- One year, modular, part-time, reduced to only 2 on-campus contact sessions during the year
- The postgraduate diploma qualification is equal to achieving an honours degree. Successful graduates will be eligible to proceed to Masters programmes, e.g. MBA.
- For those candidates with no prior formal academic qualifications, Recognition of Prior Learning will be considered for 2021 intake
Fundraising assistance available - closing date strictly 30 November 2020
- The programme offers a thriving learning environment, one that is creative, innovative, experimental, relational, peer-based and energising.
- The learning philosophy of this programme is one of transformative and whole person learning. The learning journey contains activities that enhances knowledge, develops skills, and nurtures personal development.
- The learning mode, is one of learning about self through reflection, learning from experts and participants through sharing of knowledge and experience, and learning in real life from situations in practice.
- The programme is designed in such a way that the benefit of the learning translates into leadership development in the organisations of the participants. Every participant’s organisation will therefore count as a living case to work with.
For further information on the course or financial assistance requirements please contact: Esther Franzsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Course starts February 2021. Application closes 30 November 2020 – Apply Now:
Current student testimonials:
“This course has opened me up to opportunity and potential and possibilities, and I’ll forever be grateful.”
Benita, Programme Manager
“It is the best investment you would ever make with your energy and money...it won’t only provide you with the tools you need to run your organisation better and more efficiently it will also provide you with tools you can use to grow as a person and become a better you.”
“I really feel equipped.”
“I can develop all the things I have experienced, learned from, into crafting my own unique leadership journey.”
Elelwani, Executive Director
“You learn from the best of the best.”
“All of what I’ve learned is so valuable to all of my team members.”
Linci, Programme Manager