Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (USAID TradeHub)
Scope of Work
The USAID Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub engages with partners across the region to increase sustainable economic growth, global export competitiveness, and trade in targeted southern African countries. It supports these objectives by increasing exports from southern African countries to South Africa and the United States (under the African Growth and Opportunity Act [AGOA]), boosting capital and technology flows from South Africa to other southern African countries, and providing targeted trade facilitation support to Zambia. The USAID TradeHub works with market actors to identify and resolve enterprise constraints and to implement sustainable solutions through market-based trade and investment facilitation services. The USAID TradeHub partners with the USAID Bilateral Missions through the Regional Mission in the successful delivery of its objectives.
Objectives and Duties:
The Communications Associate will work with the Regional Communications Manager to support impactful communications campaigns and collateral materials that reinforce the USAID TradeHub’s reputation with stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries. The Communications Associate will maintain inventory of USAID TradeHub promotional materials, research documents, reports, and other project publications. The Communications Associate will also support the Regional Communications Manager with USAID TradeHub-related events.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Program Associates across the USAID TradeHub to assist in the production of content for project communications material, including success stories, brochures, one-pagers, posters, and other publications, as well as facilitate their distribution.
- Support the gathering of information for USAID TradeHub updates and taskers from USAID.
- Assist in editing and formatting project publications.
- Upload content onto USAID TradeHub Knowledge Management Portal and ensure that the portal and its Intranet page are up-to-date and relevant to staff and stakeholder needs.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, graphic design, or another related field required.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience in communications or related field.
- Experience supporting marketing and public relations teams.
- Regional work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a multi‐country setting.
- Experience with photography, video, and graphics production a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and PowerPoint) as well as Squarespace and/or Joomla.
Base of Operations:
Pretoria, South Africa
The Communications Associate will report to the Regional Communications Manager.
Closing date: October 16, 2020. Send applications, including a cover letter, CV, three writing samples and three references, to SATIH-Recruitment@dai.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.