DG Murray Trust (DGMT)
The DG Murray Trust is a public benefit organisation, which sees itself as a hub of innovation. Our goal for South Africa is a flourishing people, economy and society in which every person has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. We’re looking for a Financial Manager – Human Resources and Operations to join our team in working towards this goal. With the DGMT finance team, this person will:
- Complete the submission for the annual NPO salary survey.
- Complete the annual employment equity submissions.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all HR legislation.
- Ensure all employee files (physical and electronic) are kept up to date.
- Act as primary liaison with Discovery Health (medical aid), Ambledown (GAP) and Sanlam (Umbrella pension fund).
- Load and remove staff from the pension fund and medical aid.
- Deal with member queries in respect of employee benefits.
- Ensure that the staff handbook and template employment contracts are kept up to date and in line with relevant legislation.
- Prepare mock/dummy payslips for new joiners.
- Manage the online leave system and ensure that it is reconciled and up to date on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the monthly payroll for (i) DGMT Only (25 staff) and (ii) DGMT Project staff members (75 staff).
- Stay abreast of changes in payroll tax legislation and ensure that the payroll is updated for any changes.
- Annual Increases:
- Propose an annual increase percentage;
- Prepare the annual increase schedule for approval;
- Ensure any salary structure adjustments are processed as required; and
- Set the rates for staff travel reimbursement.
- Annual Bonus:
- Check the annual bonus schedule as prepared by the CEO; and
- Compile and distribute annual bonus letters.
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT
- Assist in the maintenance of the internal control framework as it pertains to HR and Operations (administration), including:
- Updating the risk register;
- Designing controls and risk mitigation measures; and
- Supervising internal audits covering these areas.
- Approve credit card payments and review the monthly credit card reconciliations (prepared by the Financial Accountant).
- Maintain the online banking platform, including:
- Loading and removing staff as appropriate;
- Ensuring that all permissions correspond with the limits of authority for payments; and
- Review and approve online banking payments according to the limit of authority for payments.
- Prepare a rolling 6 monthly cash flow forecast (monthly).
- Prepare the annual tax return.
- Review the VAT return as prepared by the Financial Accountant (every two months).
- Prepare the quarterly management accounts.
- Prepare the monthly operating expenses schedule, including reasons for significant variances.
- Review and approve all monthly operating expenditure.
- Ensure that all costs are recovered from projects on a timeous basis.
- Take minutes for the quarterly Finance, Risk and Audit committee meetings.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements for DGMT.
- Preparation of the annual budget and forecast.
- Ensure that all other DGMT “Group” entities statutory records are up to date.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are able to work with limited supervision;
- You are pro-active in identifying problems and proposing solutions;
- You are comfortable presenting to governance structures such as Boards and Committees; and
- You pay attention to detail.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The following skills are critical/non-negotiable:
- An interest in Human Resources Management this is a key component of this role.
- You have a B.Com majoring in Accounts and have completed SAICA articles; OR
- You are a newly qualified CA(SA), with less than 3 years post articles experience; AND
- You have excellent IT skills and in particular a good knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office including advanced Excel and Google (especially sheets).
The position is based in Cape Town. Interested candidates should send only their CV and the names and contact details of three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 October 2020.