THINK TB & HIV Investigative Network (RF) NPC
THINK is a non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by TB and HIV/AIDS. As a health delivery and research organisation, THINK engages with the local community, government consortia, and international funders to provide care for over 100,000 people in KwaZulu-Natal Province and carries out cutting-edge clinical research that has already contributed to changing TB Treatment Guidelines internationally and locally.
THINK seeks to appoint a Research Doctor to be based in Clinical Trial Unit at Doris Goodwin TB Hospital, Edendale, PMB..
Employment Type:12 months
Start Date:1 October 2020
Responsibilities include :
- Team mentoring, support and management
- Screening of potential study participants with regards to their eligibility for the trial and obtaining informed consent.
- Clinical management of study participants with drug resistant Tuberculosis (MDR & XDR) as well as adverse events that could arise while on treatment.
- Performing administrative duties such as resolving data queries, completing SAE reports, developing source documentation and site operating procedures, etc.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of other researchers and nursing staff.
- Stakeholder engagement and co management with the DoH facilities
- Knowledge in the management of TB
- Valid motor vehicle license
- Post community service general experience for at least 2 years
- Clinical trial or research experience
- Current GCP certificate
- Drug Resistant TB Management
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be 20 September 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date. THINK reserves the right in special circumstances to accept late applications or to extend the above date in order to facilitate further searches. Furthermore, THINK reserves the right not to make an appointment. Internal applicants will get preference for shortlisting. THINK is unable to provide relocation assistance. Queries can be directed to Ronelle Moodliar on 0837770667.
Applications are only accepted if received via the online portal found at:
For more about THINK please refer to https://www.think.org.za/
for more NGO opportunities refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other