Family Health International (FHI 360)
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Services Provider To Conduct A Data Validation Audit For FHI 360 Capacity And Development Support Program
FHI 360 is an independent non-profit organization serving in more than 70 countries, committed to resolve critical social problems throughout the world. Its mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. FHI 360 was awarded a five-year, USAID-funded Capacity Development and Support (CDS) program to develop the organizational management, technical capacity and sustainability of local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and South Africa Government (SAG) departments, to sustain an improved, expanded and country-led response to HIV and AIDS.
Scope of Work (SoW):
FHI 360 seeks the services of a company to conduct a data validation-based audit on data collected and reported to USAID/PEPFAR relating to the OVC_SERV service package and to the 95-95-95 goal indicator cascade, throughout all 5 districts (Eastern Cape and Kwazulu-Natal) where it is implementing the ReACH project. The overall aim of the data validation audit is to determine the quality of data reported and assist FHI 360 CDS establish confidence levels on data to be reported to USAID as part of its Annual Performance Report (APR) 2020. The data validation will focus on numbers of children reported as active against the OVC_SERV indicator and on those children reported as living with HIV (CLHIV) against targets set for COP 19. Special attention will be given to data reported during quarter 4 (July to September 2020).
In Summary the data Validation exercise will seek to:
- Audit and validate numbers and authenticity or existence of children under 18 years, as warm bodies, reported by NACOSA through the CBIMS database as OVC_SERV and as CLHIV during the months July, August and September 2020.
- Audit and validate authenticity of longitudinal data reported under OVC served and as CLHIV (under 18 years) using program participation status data reported across quarter 2,3 and 4.
- Validate OVC HIV status, specifically CLHIV data reported by the NACOSA implementing sites, subdistricts and at District level as well as at the NACOSA head office level as MER centre, and determine the extent to which these children reported as CLHIV are part of the project and to which they have received direct services during the reporting period/s.
The service provider should have at a minimum the following requirements:
- 5-10 years’ experience of validating and knowledge of OVCY programs and PEPFAR indicators
- Data validation systems, processes and staff with experience in conducting data validation at service delivery level
- Knowledge of PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements
- Experience in writing data quality assessment reports.
- Ability to work under pressure and commitment to work to a tight time frame.
- Proven project management skills and ability to work independently
- Good communication skills (Excellent and concise writing skills).
A detailed RFP Document entitled “Service provider to conduct a data validation audit for FHI 360 Capacity and Development Support Program Implementing Partner” and any future amendments to the Proposal can be downloaded from http://www.capacitydev.org. Questions should be addressed to email@example.com and ensure the same subject line states. Questions relating to this RFP will be accepted until September,14,2020 and answers posted on the website on September 23,2020
All Proposal should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23,2020 South African time. Please ensure the subject line states “Service provider to conduct a data validation audit for FHI 360 Capacity and Development Support Program Implementing Partner”. Late submissions will not be considered, and only selected applicants will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome