Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Centre for Communications Impact is a section 21 South African entity that uses strategic communication to support public health initiatives in South Africa. The organisation is seeking to employ radio broadcast services to develop and implement a social behaviour communication campaign in support of demand creation and mobilisation of men to HIV Treatment and Care aimed at increasing the number men living with HIV who initiate ART treatment, adherence to ARV treatment and achieve long-term viral suppression in the City of Johannesburg, Enhlanzeni district ( Bushbuckridge, Nkomazi and Thaba Chweu) and Gert Sibande district ( Chief Albert Luthuli, Mkhondo, Msukaligwa, Lekwa and Dr. Pixley ka Isaka Seme). The primary target audience is men living in the LSM 1 – 7 bands aged 18 – 34.
The service provider will have extensive experience of working in health messaging in particular HIV care and treatment and be in a position to produce quality radio programming content that captivates, mesmerise and seduce audiences to make an appointment listening with the next episode and are motivated to go for HIV testing and treatment. The communication campaign is to be implemented from October 2020 to September 2021. The service provider will be expected to work under tight deadlines and to adapt to the needs of the campaign as required.
The Scope of Work for radio broadcasting services includes the following:
- A short proposal on the development of informative content that educates, engages and motivates for action.
- Production of a 20 minutes weekly radio show x 30 episodes that is packaged to include but not limited to:
- Opening and closing billboards
- Inserts (vox pops/voice notes)
- Call inns
- Social media interaction
- Production of feature promo, live read and public service announcement.
- Development and execution of social media posts for promotion, content engagement and referral to services.
- Provide weekly broadcast reports.
- Provide monthly reports of campaign reach and impact.
Service providers/Broadcasters interested in applying for this tender should supply the following:
- Company narrative detailing the company history (include portfolio of previous work)
- Location of the proposed radio broadcasters
- Description of capacity and technical expertise of production.
- Examples of health messaging broadcast/production work done before.
- CVs of key staff who will be working on campaign.
- A budget for broadcast of the 30 episodes including all production elements.
- Valid tax certificate/Income Tax certificate
- Three external references.
Three sets of all documents to be delivered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on 17 September 2020. This is a competitive tender, and the budget per campaign will not be disclosed. For any enquiries please call Thato Mfundisi on email@example.com.
CCI will only communicate with shortlisted bidders and should you not hear from us within one month after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.