Just Grace NPC
Just Grace is a non-profit organisation that runs various community empowerment initiatives in Langa Township, Cape Town.
- Phuhlisa! School Strengthening Programme supports learner retention and educational attainment at five Langa high schools through training, financial and legal advice as well as support for at-risk learners such as home visits, counselling, career guidance and life skills.
- Qhubeka! Youth Development Programme holistically supports learners throughout high school and into further education, training or employment.
- Phakama! Community Development & Family Strengthening Programme provides individual care and practical support to community members to become empowered and active.
- Khula! Entrepreneurship and Small Business Support offers free advice, support and training to existing or prospective business owners and entrepreneurs in Langa.
Just Grace seeks to appoint a Business Development Manager to be based in Langa Township, Cape Town.
Remuneration: R15 000 – R18 000 per month. The candidate can work remotely for approximately 60% of the week.
The purpose of this position is to develop and manage Just Grace’s fundraising and sustainability strategy.
- Design and implement a results-oriented and coordinated strategy to mobilise significant additional resources from donors, foundations, philanthropists and corporates.
- Coordinate the development of highly competitive resource mobilisation proposals and concept notes and ensure achievement of positive results.
- Develop innovative revenue creation strategies, including non-traditional revenue streams to generate income.
- Develop and maintain an effective project tracking system and ensure all donor funding requirements are met.
- Manage bid strategies, from pre-solicitation/pre-proposal, proposal preparation, submissions and follow up to onboarding of new grants or revenue streams.
- Write and submit grant applications.
- Write and submit donor feedback reports.
- A passion for community development and the NGO sector.
- Inquisitive and self-motivated learner.
- Proactive and performance orientated.
- Relevant Bachelor’s, Honours or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Where the candidate has extensive demonstratable experience and excellent references as well as meets all of the other requirements, the requirement for a degree may be waived.
- Must be analytically minded and have excellent English writing skills, including the ability to compile insightful and user-friendly reports.
- Experience in fundraising and grant writing.
- Must be highly organised, deadline driven and efficient with planning skills and a proactive and positive approach.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment, and to coordinate multiple inputs to tight deadlines, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of the NGO sector and knowledge of donor processes/requirements.
- Understanding of SETAs and B-BBEE an advantage.
- Strong MS Office skills a must, with working knowledge SharePoint an advantage.
- Fluency in an isiXhosa is advantageous but not required.
Kindly note that applications which do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Business Development Manager”.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Just Grace reserves the right not to appoint.
For more about Just Grace, refer to justgrace.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies