Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Job Title : Organisational Development and Sustainability Specialist
duration : Fixed Term Contract (October 2020 – June 2023)
Location : Pretoria
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. We aim to be a centre of excellence in Strategic health and development Communication programmes that are centred around meaningful Community Engagement. CCI has been implementing Social and Behaviour Change Communication (SBCC) programs since 2004.
Under the direction supervision of the Technical Director, the Organisational Development (OD) and Sustainability Specialist is responsible for the assessment, design, implementation, and support of OD and sustainability activities, as guided by the project’s Program Description. Through the Capacity Development Strategic Framework (CSDF), the Specialist will be responsible for continuously providing technical leadership and advice to community partner organisations to make organizational improvements across all departments in their organisations, by evaluating and identifying opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness. The Specialist will not only plan, coach, and consult with management and project teams at community partner level to solve organizational challenges, they will also design and implement training and performance programs. This role will also analyze data in relation to the alignment and success of organizational goals of the 5 community implementing partners (sub-grantees), which includes identifying skill gaps and developing critical feedback on implemented training programs and institutionalize sustainability within four intermediate results (IRs) of the GBV project. The position requires collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders and the ability to effectively champion organisational development and sustainability. Broad knowledge of OD and sustainability principles and best practices and the ability to exercise independent judgment and problem-solving skills are also required. This role has a significant degree of influence in the final decision-making phases of sustainability program matters and requires thorough understanding of GBV prevention and response programming approaches.
Strategy & Program Development
- Research sustainability issues, concerns, stakeholder interests and develop database of potential donors and strategic partners.
- Conduct sustainability and/or environment-related risk assessments including cost-benefit analyses and product life cycle analyses
- Develop methodologies to assess and document the viability or success of the GBV project’s sustainability initiatives.
- Facilitate the review of GBV project processes and initiate process improvements with multi-disciplinary teams through a sustainability lens.
- Facilitate OD and training sessions and design and implement relevant pre- and post- training assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of training and identify ways to enhance efficiency and adaptability within the community partner organizations.
- Compose sustainable business practice proposals and plans, and work with organizational leaders and business partners to ensure their successful implementation and communicate progress and challenges as they relate to the their respective organisations’ visions and goals.
- Provide technical advice on the development and implementation of fundraising and resource mobilisation efforts in support of the community implementing partners
- Review OD and sustainability program objectives, progress, or status to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Work to establish CCI as a leader in the health and GBV sustainability community
Communications, Education & Outreach
- Lead sustainability teams and build new teams across the organization.
- Establish a strong cooperative relationships with other organizational leaders by providing the information, tools and services necessary to carry out sustainability initiatives.
- Role model service excellence in all interactions with internal and external constituents.
- Identify educational, training, or other development opportunities on sustainability for employees of community partner organisations.
- Write project proposals, grant applications, or other documents to pursue funding for environmental initiatives.
- Assist with writing, distributing and analyzing financial or environmental impact reports
- Create and maintain OD and sustainability program documents, such as schedules and budgets.
Education and experience
- A Master’s Degree in Business Development, OD or related field.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible work experience independently managing projects in sustainability, organizational development or related field.
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and implement sound sustainable business practices at the organizational level.
- Ability to inspire and facilitate change within a complex GBV programming environment.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and independent decision-making to achieve program objectives.
- Effective skills in organization, planning, prioritization and time management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with ease, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Collaborative with the ability to work as a team member, build teams, and create relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Proficient knowledge of general computer applications and the ability to effectively utilize software for word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Capable of interacting and collaborating with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Consultative approach to working with users in assessing needs and requirements.
- Change management and process improvement experience.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and solution-oriented approach.
- Ability to live the organizational values and innovate.
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
Interested candidates should forward a motivation letter and updated CV to CCI Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Shortlisting will start on Monday the 17th of August 2020, Please note that the position will remain opened until filled.