St Josephs Home for chronically ill children (SJH)
The St Joseph’s Home is a paediatric intermediate healthcare facility providing holistic medical and rehabilitation care for children with life threatening and life limiting conditions. The Home was established by the Pallottine Missionary Sisters and is run according to a Christian/Catholic ethos. The current staff complement is approx. 130, the majority of whom are nursing and professional therapy staff with HR, Operations and Fund development as support services.
SJH seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Cape Tpwn.
The purpose of this postion is to join their therapeutic team and to form part of the social work team and is required to act in the best interests of the child at all times.
- Ensuring that children admitted to the SJH are appropriate and that their overall needs are met and their rights are upheld at all times.
- Ensure that contact with the family members is maintained and facilitated as parents/family are crucial to the healing of the child,
- Facilitate the child’s reintegration back into his/her family/the community/ alternative placement and ensure support systems are in place for their wellbeing and survival.
- Key performance areas include:
- Admissions and readmissions of appropriate patients to the Home.
- Ensure that a therapeutic environment is maintained within the Home
- Play an integral role in the multi-disciplinary /therapeutic team.
- Plan for the patients’ future needs and long term care
- Advocate for the Rights of the Child
- Admin and report writing
- Professional development
- 5 years’ experience in hospital/health environment essential.
- Ability to speak read and write Afrikaans and English.
- Xhosa would be an advantage.
- Good administration, report writing, internal and external communication skills.
- Mediation skills
- Drive and energy
- Critical thinking and forward planning
- Analysis and problem solving
- Team player
To apply please send a full CV and motivational letter to the HR Manager at email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the St Josephs Home for chronically ill children, refer to stjosephshome.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies