Job ID: 2018202500
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Contracts and Grants Manager on an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Eswatini. The anticipated USAID-funded Attain & Sustain 95-95-95, Prevent New Infections and Reach all Populations for Epidemic Control (ASPIRE) will be designed to, over 5 years, reduce HIV incidence and AIDS-related mortality in pursuit of epidemic control in Eswatini in alignment with GKoE's vision of an AIDS-free generation by 2022 and the National Multisectoral HIV and AIDS Strategic Framework 2018-2022. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Eswatini.
With oversight from the Director Finance and Administration, the position holder will provide leadership and management for FHI 360 Eswatini’s programs and projects in contracts, grants and cooperative agreements, including contracts with consortium partners and agreements with funders and sub agreements management with implementing agencies. S/he will monitor workflows and help develop and implement systems to provide sound management control over FHI 360’s compliance with award terms and conditions and FHI 360 policies. Local nationals are encouraged to apply. This position includes a local benefits package.
- Provide overall management, guidance and coordination of contract and grant activities, including oversight management and control of grant staff as well as contract negotiation, reporting and monitoring of implementing agencies.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure compliance with award terms and FHI 360 policy and provide support to C&G and other FHI 360 staff to ensure that C&G tools align with program needs.
- Take lead in the interpretation of funding regulations to ensure that all FHI 360 Eswatini policies and procedures and Federal Government and other Funder contracting requirements are met for sub-agreement and subcontracting activities.
- Assess C&G needs and capabilities and develop an annual work plan.
- Ensure all documentation and audit trails relating to contracting matters with implementing partners and funders is complete and compliance.
- Lead ongoing monitoring, support and liaison with HQ to ensure the organization’s systems and staff can respond to new donors’ regulations.
- Take lead in pursuing strategies to improve award management through knowledge management and replicating best practices and tools.
- Develop templates, provide guidance and identify training needs to ensure FHI 360 C&G functions are consistently applied across the program and in coordination with the global organization.
- Collaborate on draft C&G documents and provide general communications to the field on such matters including input for C&G policy and procedure revisions.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that C&G processes and related projects are efficiently, monitored and executed in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc. in Business Administration, Accounting or related field and 7 - 9 years relevant experience; OR MSc./MBA with 5 - 7 years relevant experience in an NGO setting.
- Relevant software skills to include spreadsheet and data base software and Management Information Systems.
- Ability to interpret funding regulations and develop implementing procedures is required.
- Sound knowledge of U.S. Government grants, contracting and auditing standards as they apply to effective management of multi-year contract funds. Experience with USG contracts preferred.
- Expert knowledge of budgets, contracts, generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations.
- Ability to work with scientific/technical personnel who may have little or no knowledge of fiscal control procedures and practices.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and report writing skills.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible – https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Mbabane-Eswatini/Contracts---Grants-Manager_Requisition-2018202500
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.