PATA is an action network of over 4000 frontline health providers and 450 facilities in more than 11 sub-Saharan Africa countries. The PATA network is a powerful and broad platform, utilised to effect positive change in paediatric and adolescent HIV service delivery. The candidate will be a passionate and committed person who thrives in a monitoring and evaluation role. The ideal person should have the ability to display qualities of an action and results-oriented person who is accurate, proactive, creative and independent. Knowledge of or experience in HIV or the international development sector will be an advantage.
The purpose of this position will be to enhance PATA’s visibility and profile though excellent performance in data collection and administration of Information Management Systems, and support to PATA research and practice assessment.
PATA seeks to appoint a M&E officer to be based Mowbray, Cape Town.
Employment Type: Full-time position
- Maintain PATA’s data and databases and the processes for data collection and management and ensuring accurate and timeous data entry.
- Own and assure the quality of PATA’s M&E data, through data quality management, and introduce new data management measures as necessary.
- Maintain filing systems to ensure secure and organised storage of completed data collection tools and other related M&E documents.
- Lead and/or support in the development of new M&E data systems and participate in the design, revision and standardisation of data collection templates, processes, formats, reports and administration.
- Lead and/or support in the practical analysis of data in programmes for use in donor deliverables (e.g. performance monitoring, quarterly and annual reports), grant proposals and research outputs.
- Analyse indicator results and feedback to Programmes, to help in the review of activities and interventions, analysing where they are falling short or meeting or exceeding targeted performance.
- A Post-Graduate Degree in Public Health, Social Science or related discipline is required, a master’s or additional short course and certificate in M&E are an advantage.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in the health/development sector is required, working in monitoring and evaluation of activities and programmes within an HIV-focussed project or study is an advantage.
- Experience collecting and analysing quantitative and qualitative data is a pre-requisite.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, and experience using databases and data analysis software is required, experience with MS Excel, SPSS, Microsoft Access, SQL and Power BI advantageous.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports is required.
- The following competencies: accurate, attention to detail, flexible, communicator (written and oral) and results oriented.
- Must be in possession of permanent residency and is eligible to work in South Africa or another location as defined.
- Valid passport and willing and able to travel throughout sub-Saharan Africa occasionally.
Their work focuses on:
- Strengthening and building the capacity of a network of frontline health providers and facilities
- Supporting the network to effect positive change at the frontline of HIV service delivery
- Refining and developing a comprehensive package of HIV care for children and adolescents
- Implementing incubation projects that can inform practise and collaborative advocacy
- Linking and Learning endeavours at country, regional and global levels
- Ensuring meaningful engagement of frontline health providers and community partners
Only CVs meeting the following requirements will be considered. Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.
For more information on the job profile please contact Lynn Philips, M&E Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please email a detailed motivation letter (max 2 pages) on how you are a valuable candidate for this role accompanied with a concise CV (max 3 pages) with three contactable references to PATA Human Resources at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Salary is commensurate on experience and is market related. Please advise salary expectations in your motivation letter. Cover letters without indicating a salary range will not be considered.