Lesbian & Gay Community and Health Centre (LGBTI)
The Lesbian and Gay Community and Health Centre (the Centre) is a registered non-profit organisation and a registered public benefit organisation with Section 18A Tax-Exempt status. The Centre is an innovative human rights, advocacy and public health organisation, pioneering an agenda of human diversity and LGBTI inclusion in South African. Our vision is to empower lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) communities by providing services, training and support to enable us to claim our rights to equality, dignity and freedom.
Nominations & Applications are sought from professionals with the following experience:
- Organisational Development;
- Medical Facility Management;
- Fundraising and Donor Relations Management;
- Finance and Accounting;
- Human Resource;
- Business Development;
- Social Science & Political Research; and
Successful candidates must:
- share the Centre’s vision of empowering marginalised and key populations,
- be in good standing in their professional fields and/or in networks, and have demonstrated leadership in their fields of engagement;
- have strong networks related to the fundraising, human rights and public health;
- be willing to dedicate a substantial amount of time to the governance of and fundraising for the Centre on a voluntary basis;
- help expand the Centre’s reach by engaging directly with stakeholders, policy makers and funding networks, and
- have passion to ignite the innate curiosity and potential inside every young LGBTI person by encouraging them not only to be who they are but live their truth.
In making final decisions about the candidates, the Centre seeks to ensure that the Board, taken as a whole, has a good mix of financial, legal, strategic, and fundraising competencies; including leaders from different sectors in the public, private, and social sectors; and positions the Centre as a dynamic, innovative, leading human rights and public health non-profit in South Africa.
- Board members are elected for two-year term.
- Five individuals will be elected in 2020 to serve 1/8/2020 to 31/07/2022.
- The Board is a hard working team, and all member are expected to contribute towards the success of the Centre.
Nominations will be accepted until Friday, 26 June 2020. Nominations received after that date will not be considered. Nominees should submit a letter of motivation, a CV and the names and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before making a final decision about candidates to be appointed, interviews will be held with short-listed candidates. The Centre reserves the right not to make any appointment to its Board of Advisors.
For enquiries, please contact the Centre at 031 312 7402, 076 981 1052 or email email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Lesbian & Gay Community and Health Centre, refer to www.gaycentre.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other