Hope Africa Collective is a Christian faith-based registered non-profit organisation based in Philippi, Cape Flats, Cape Town, founded in 2012. Their mission is to transform individuals through holistic skills development programs, equipping people to build better lives for themselves, their families, their churches and their communities. Their skills programs include Computing, Trade Skills (Welding/Carpentry), Hair Styling, Business, Leadership, Biblical Ministry and Discipleship.
Hope Africa seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to be responsible for effective development of psychosocial and other related services to the clients and project staff on daily basis, that will support the Adolescent Girl and Young Women (AGYW) programme implementation.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree
- Proof of Registration with the SACSSP
- Minimum of seven years’ clinical social work experience
- Minimum of three years of supervision experience
- Experience working with adolescent girls and young women
- Human resources - performance management and monitoring skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate a strong professional attitude and behaviour at all times
- Problem-solving skills
- Team management skills
- Report writing skills
- Strong assessment and analytic skills
- Ability to communicate well in English and a second relevant South African language
- Computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Police clearance certificate
- Valid driver's license
To apply, email the following documents to email@example.com, and state “Social Worker” in the subject line please:
- A cover letter motivating your application;
- A detailed CV (max 3 pages);
- Three (3) contactable references;
- Certified copies of your qualifications
- Certified copy of your police clearance certificate
- Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Clearly mark the subject line: Social Worker
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Should you not hear from HOPE Africa within three weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- HOPE Africa reserves the right to not make an appointment.