South African Red Cross Society (SARCS)
The South African Red Cross Society (SARCS) is a National Society that was established by an Act of Parliament as a humanitarian organization auxiliary to the Government in the humanitarian field. The auxiliary mandate of SARCS as stipulated in the Red Cross Act, demands that it plays a pivotal role in complimenting Governments efforts in Disaster management, Social Services and Health Services. The SARCS service provision aims at preventing and alleviating human suffering, protecting life and health, and restoring the dignity of the most vulnerable communities.
SARCS seeks to appoint a Branch Development Coordinator (SARCS05/2020) to be based in Tenable in Pretoria.
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To oversee programmes activities at the SARCS branches, with a focus on compliance to donor requirements, the efficient running of the branches and the ability to ensure they remain relevant in meeting the needs of communities. The Branch Development Coordinator will support objectives and directives set by the Board, developing activity work plans, resolving problems with work priorities and use of resources, monitoring progress, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of Branch operations.
- Promote the South African Red Cross Society and develop a strong network of Branches
- To assess Branch needs and make recommendations to the Branch Managers and Proviancial Managers.
- Coordinate inter-programme activities and liaise with government, other NGOs and related institutions to share resources and cooperate joint ventures.
- Produce regular technical reports and contribute to the annual planning design, programme updates and final reports.
- Supervise and provide the necessary technical advice to staff and volunteers to ensure adequate integration of all SARCS programme.
- Ensure effective coordination/cooperation among the movement partners
- Degree in Social Sciences (Sociology, Social Work, Development studies) or any other related field. A proven working experience in community projects
- Key Competencies:
- Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER)
- Communication and good interpersonal skills
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Computer skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Passion for volunteerism
- At least 10 years work experience in a related field, five of which should have been at supervisory level. A valid drivers license is a requirement.
Applicants Should Provide The Following Documents.
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Three work related and traceable references
- Certified copy of identity card
- Certified copies of academic certificates
- Certified copy of drivers license
If you consider yourself to be the best candidate for these positions, please send your application letter, together with your CV and work-related references on or before 29th May 2020 to: email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information on SARCS visit http://redcross.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies