The African Climate Foundation (The ACF)
The ACF is a new strategic grant making foundation focused on addressing climate change issues on the African continent. We are committed to shifting the narrative on development and finding novel solutions to complex African challenges. It is part of an influential network of strategic grant-making foundations and thought leaders in the field of climate change and development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, strategic thinker to join a start-up foundation which is the first of its kind on the continent.
Working closely with the Executive Director, the Senior Partnership and Grants Manager will be responsible for the Africa-wide strategy, ensure programme delivery, support fund raising and lead an effective grant making and administration process.
Key responsibilities include oversight of the following:
- Implementation of the ACF South Africa Programme.
- Development of a Pan African strategy and programme delivery.
- Design and optimization of the grant management system and processes (with the software developers)
- Development of a robust M&E framework
- Research and identification of funding opportunities
- Funder and board reports
- Identification and oversight of grantees to deliver the ACF programme strategy
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Post-graduate degree in Business Science, Environmental Studies or Development Studies
- Minimum of 5 years’ programme and/or grants management/Monitoring & Evaluation experience, ideally gained at a foundation or philanthropic organisation
- Knowledge and experience of grant-making systems and processes, incl the integration of financial and monitoring tools
- Successful track record of creating a ‘pipeline’ of grantee proposals
- Experience in evaluating proposals
Competences and personal qualities required:
- Advanced computer literacy
- Experience in working with grant-making software e.g. Fluxx, DevMan, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Proposal writing and programme development
- Financial acumen and budget management
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships/relationships
- Able to develop work-flow systems for management, grantmaking, due diligence and M&E
- Sound political awareness
The ACF are committed to equality and believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Contract Duration: 12 months with the possibility to extend
Applications: Send your CV to and 1-page motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ACF’s website is currently under construction. To receive an information pack about our purpose and what we do, please contact email@example.com.
Please accept your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from us by 15 June 2020