Tshikululu Social Investments
Tshikululu Social Investments is South Africa’s leading social investment manager, providing a comprehensive service for private sector entities, including the Anglo-American Global Foundation, the FirstRand Foundation and Discovery Fund, undertaking comprehensive community grant making.
Tshikululu Social Investments seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E) to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of this position is to find a person that is a original, energetic thinkers and problem-solvers in order to achieve their ambitious goals and make a real impact. They need people of diverse backgrounds who thrive on complexity and are able to ‘connect the dots’ between seemingly disparate issues and initiatives. They are not interested in ‘tick-box’ philanthropy. Tshikululu is dedicated to ensuring that every social investment they make is meaningful. They aim, very simply, to be the best social investors in the world.
- To provide support to the M&E team in management of M&E systems and programmes, assisting to compile M&E reports, conducting basic research and general data analysis, engaging with stakeholders and completing administrative tasks to help ensure accountability and efficiency for all social investments interventions
- Key perfomance areas, activities and indicators:
- M&E Planning
- Track Monitoring and Evaluation strategies developed and offered to Tshikululu’s clients to ensure that they are up to date and cutting edge.
- Build knowledge and carry out research in the M&E field to maintain currency and understanding of the field through formal and informal research
- M&E Systems and Processes:
- Contribute to the updating and maintenance of appropriate M&E instruments to measure goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the updating and maintenance of M&E data collection systems and databases to collect relevant data for M&E.
- Contribute to the updating and maintenance of M&E reporting mechanisms for dissemination of M&E findings.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the M&E Specialist (eg. Theory of Change, protocols, data collection tools project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
- M&E Services:
- Assist with the implementation of M&E frameworks.
- Assist with research data collection instruments.
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative analysis on research data.
- Interpret M&E findings.
- Compile M&E reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the implementation of project site visits for monitoring purposes.
- Provide input into the design and implementation of evaluations, special studies research assessments within agreed deadlines
- Knowledge Management and Stakeholder relationship management
- Share knowledge and expertise and provide support for internal clients through training, mentoring and coaching in M&E to build institutional knowledge.
- Keep abreast of current trends and developments in the sector.
- Build relationships with internal clients, including the Client Relationship Manager team, the Social Investment Specialists team, Administration and Finance teams.
- Contribute to M&E related Business development proposals.
- Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant undergraduate degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, statistics, research methods or similar is required
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Knowledge of logical frameworks and logic model approach;
- Knowledge of social investment sectors and M&E approaches
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and results driven;
- Excellent communications skills including, oral, written, presentation, listening and a high level of proficiency in MS Office suite;
- Valid light vehicle driver’s license;
- Ability and willingness to travel to diverse parts of the country, using various types of transport.
- Key Interactions / Relationships:
- Client relationship manager department
- Social Investment department
- Administration department
Preference will be given to South African citizens. Appointments will be made in line with Tshikululu’s Employment Equity plan and other required legislation.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Tshikululu Social Investments will not be liable for interview travel cost or relocation cost.
They reserve the right not to proceed with the filling of the advertised post.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
Please ensure that you meet the above requirements before you apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please email your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to http://tshikululu.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies