Africa Psychosocial Support Institute (APSSI)
The Africa Psychosocial Support Institute (APSSI) is a subsidiary of REPSSI. APSSI was launched in 2017 to foster professionalism and excellence in Mental Health and Psychosocial care and support (MHPSS). They aim to harness local potential and capacity in MHPSS in sub-Saharan Africa through the development and application of locally generated knowledge and approaches. APSSI exists to deliver on two core objectives; (1) To develop and deliver high quality MHPSS program capacity through research, accrediting training materials and skills development. (2) To deliver training consultancy and technical assistance to service providers, state and non-state actors and NGOs that are looking to acquire expertise in MHPSS.
APSSI seeks to appoint a Director to be based in Randburg, Johannesburg.
Remuneration: Will be commensurate with skills and experience.
The purpose of this position is to find a candidate who will be a thought leader in MHPSS. You should be familiar with: (1) Implementation of applied research as well as the development of competence based training programmes for service providers. (2) Development of tertiary level training materials, participated in and/or familiar with the accreditation processes of such training materials. You should be at ease when networking with academic institutions and networks on the continent. APSSI will be a sustaining income generating entity that is able to fund its programmes. You should therefore be familiar with development of business consultancy services and provision of technical assistance in MHPSS to attain this income generation objective of APSSI.
Reports to: Directly to the REPSSI CEO and APSSI Board of Directors and have direct line-management
- Academic programmes
- Marketing and consultancy services
- Product development
- Corporate affairs.
- Strategic leadership and financial management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate, inspire and direct team members
- Strong negotiation and marketing skills
- Must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging programme environment
- Ability to set ambitious targets and drive to exceed them
- Willingness to travel as required
- Ability to work outside of conventional office hours
- Appreciation of MHPSS in Africa
- Understanding of both academic settings and consultancy services
- Working knowledge of National Qualification Authorities in Africa
- Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters degree in Social Sciences, Education or Management or relevant field
- At least 8 years’ experience developing training programmes and provision of technical assistance in the sector
- Of these, you should possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Director/Lead Consultant/Technical Advisor/Program Manager in a medium sized Academic, Consultancy or NGO entity
- Business development
- Strategic leadership
- Experienced team leader research and publications
- Proven ability to secure significant funding
- Additional Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- PhD in Social Sciences, Education or Management
- Knowledge of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support
APSSI is committed to the principles of employment equity.
To apply, submit a one-page written motivation, CV and three work related referees with contact details, certified copies of identity document and qualifications to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Note: This is a re-advertisement. Those who previously applied for this opportunity do not have to apply again.
For more about the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative, refer to www.repssi.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies