Michael’s Childrens Village is a Child and Youth Care Centre (CYCC)
Michael’s Childrens Village is a Child and Youth Care Centre (CYCC). It is a facility that provides residential/place of safety services with accordance to the children’s Act 35 0f 2005. It cares for approximately 20 children in a family context. They are a registered House of Safety/Cluster Foster Home/NPO(131-865) based in Mbonisweni/Back Door, South Africa! They focus on children-in-crisis within their community by providing Christ-centered family care which often grows into ‘forever family’ foster placement or adoption!
Michael’s Childrens Village seeks to appoint a Child and Youth Care Worker to be based in Nelspruit.
Employment type: Work full-time as House Parent (24/7)
The purpose of the position is to be a loving care giver for all the children at the base, especially the children placed in their house. This position may be filled by a single woman.
- Provide care for all children.
- Offer physical, emotional, and spiritual support to the children on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with the on-site social worker for the development of the children.
- Age between 27-45
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- A Diploma in Child and Youth Care NQF level 4
- Social Axillary worker qualification
- Current Registration with SACSSP
- Police and Child Protection Register clearance
- A Christian faith
- Proficient in English and Siswati
- Desired Qualities:
- Experience in a residential CYCC
- An understanding of the Childrens Act and other child related legislation
- An understanding of how a happy and healthy family operates
- Conflict Management
- Leadership and Self-Motivation
- Energetic, Loving, and Patient personality
- Drivers License/ PDP
- This position will earn R4,000 per month with opportunities of future increase. Higher salaries can be discussed based on experience and qualifications.
- This position will earn a standard three weeks (21 days including weekends) annual leave per year. The employee will also be granted one weekend off every 8 weeks. This position will also provide standard sick, family responsibility, and emergency leave.
- This employee will be provided with free housing, food, and job-related transportation while on duty at the center.
- Opportunities of Continuing Education.
To apply, submit CV, qualifications and contactable references or queries with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Michael’s Childrens Village, contact 083 4632907/ 0767536539
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies