University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Tuberculosis South Africa Project
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Chief of Party
The USAID TB South Africa Project is five-year contract in support of the South Africa National Department of Health’s (NDOH) TB prevention and control efforts, and working closely with the national and provincial partners to close gaps in the TB care cascade and further develop sustainable systems for TB and drug-resistant (DR) TB diagnosis, care, and treatment services.
The Finance and Operations Director will provide overall operational and financial management support to the organization. He /She will report directly to the Chief of Party and will be responsible for compliance in the project’s finance, operations, procurement, and grants components. The position also works closely with the URC-CHS home office Country/Regional Management Team on Financial, Human Resources and Procurement matters.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure proper administration by supervising the finance, grants, procurement, and administrative teams of the project;
- Lead annual financial strategic planning, Internal Control Systems Management, Management of Procurement, IT, Facilities and Asset Management;
- Track financial management indicators and issue quarterly reports;
- Assist COP develop, implement, and maintain systems for project planning, reporting, performance management; financial management; property and technical procurement systems; grants management; and personnel management;
- Based on the organizations global policies, adapt administrative and financial guidelines in line with USAID, GOSA and URC policies covering HR, financial and administrative issues;
- Ensure compliance with U.S. government regulations, URC’ corporate policies, and SA laws;
- Oversee management of local contracts and sub-agreements for compliance and performance, including coordinating with technical staff to finalize scope and managing contractors’ and sub-awardees’ performance against deliverables;
- Liaise with home-office project management team to coordinate the review process for deliverables, provide requested financial or planning information, and coordinate international short-term technical assistance;
- Overseeing procurement and inventory procedures, in accordance with US Government policies and regulations;
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, system and control;
- Contribute to short-term and long-term project planning as part of the management team;
- External Stakeholder Reporting; (includes financial reporting in accordance with USAID contractual requirements);
- Supervision and Professional Development of Operations (Finance and Administrative) staff;
- Manage and ensure compliance with all Statutory requirements including SARS filing.
Minimum Educational Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- A degree in Financial Management, Business Administration Finance, Accounting or other relevant field;
- Minimum 10 years of increasing responsibility in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex international development assistance programs;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets of programs funded by donors such as USAID;
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Ability to work effectively, independently, and in a team environment with a broad range of local and international personnel and partners;
- Excellent English language written and oral communications skills;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook) to implement, analyze, monitor, and manage goals, inputs, outcomes, and achievements;
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel locally;
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period, without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Suitable and interested candidates should send CV/Résumé, Cover Letter “quoting the position name on the email subject line and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet (link: https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/AID1420-17.doc) to TBSAP@urc-chs.com.