Centre for Positive Care (CPC)
The Centre for Positive Care (CPC) is a Non-Profit Organization working in three provinces namely Limpopo, Gauteng and North West, with a vision that all sex workers receive high quality treatment, care and support to improving their quality of life and productivity, and supporting the National Strategic Plan of South Africa in reducing HIV, STI and TB and to ensure greater participation and involvement of targeted beneficiaries in community systems strengthening and reproductive health and rights services.
CPC seeks to appoint Four (4) Enrolled Nurse to be based in Bojanala (North West Province), in Greater Sekhukhune and in Capricorn (Limpopo Province).
The purpose of this position will be to support the Professional Nurse (PN) in providing a comprehensive, in targeted primary health care service to Sex Workers (SW) with his/her scope of practice S/he must be able to administer medication under the supervision of the Professional Nurse within legislative regulations, monitor vital signs and document care provide in an acute Educational.
- Senior Certificate / Grade 12
- Completion of Enrolled Nurse courses
- Registered with SANC
- SRH course for Enrolled Nurse (desirable)
- Other requirements:
- Knowledge of HIV, TB and STI, prevention approaches and (Department of Health) DoH screening guidelines
- An understanding of the challenges facing sex workers in the health context and an ability to communicate and work well with sex workers in the provision of health services.
- An in-depth understanding and knowledge of legislative requirements, acceptable practices and procedures.
- Computer literate in MW Word, Excel and Power point
- Report-writing skills
- Organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including being a team player
- Demonstrate strong professional attitude and behavior at all times
- Ability to work non-traditional hours: weekends specifically
- Willingness to travel as and when required. Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years community nursing experience
- Experience and trained on Sexual Reproductive Health
Please indicate on your Covering Letter the District you wish to apply for.
To apply, submit a detailed CV with Qualifications certified and covering letter with relevant attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, Note that no late applications will not be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Enquiries: Contact Lufuno Mbedzi at 015 963 5076.
For more information about the Philani Child Health and Nutrition Trust, refer to www.philani.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies