Terre des Hommes Germany (tdh)
M&E and Project Support Officer to be based in TDH Regional Office, Johannesburg
Purpose of the position:
To assist terre des Hommes Germany (tdh) in Southern Africa (SACO) backstopping and managing a specific portfolio of projects funded under Institutional and corporate funding. This will include the responsibility to ensure that implementing partners comply with tdh and donor requirements, follow effective M&E systems and deliver high quality reporting and documentation of impact to tdh. It is expected that the incumbent will contribute to increase the impact and visibility of projects that receive institutional or corporate funding in five countries in Southern Africa. This assignment will be limited to the duration of the projects under this portfolio (estimated to be 4 years if the project proposals submitted in 2020 will be approved).
Duty Station: Johannesburg, with regular visits (at least 35% of the time) in South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Mozambique.
Planning and Development of project proposals (Concept Notes approved and project proposals to be submitted in 2020)
Assists partners in all steps of the development of full proposals.
Project related administration, Monitoring and Evaluation, learning and reporting:
- Prepares contracts when projects are approved as well as administration procedures related to payments and reporting;
- Facilitates inception meetings and annual review meetings with implementing partners
- Follows-up project payments and reporting deadlines
- Assists implementing partners (projects receiving institutional/ corporate funds and special donations) running more efficient and effective MEL systems
- Conducts M&E visits and elaborates M&E reports
- Ensures feasibility studies, evaluations and audits are conducted as per donor requirements
- Assist in the documentation of case studies, best practices and successful stories
Job position requirements:
- University degree in social sciences/ law/ International Relations/ agriculture or other areas relevant for the working areas of tdh
- At least 8 years of experience in developing project proposals (including project budgeting)
- Track record of successful applications for funding;
- At least 5 years of experience in M&E (designing M&E systems, data collection tools, data analysis and reporting)
- Excellent command of English and excellent writing/ editing skills
- High attention to details
- Good command of Excel
- Experienced driver, with a driver’s licence
- Familiar with the context, development landscape and NGOs in at least two countries where tdh operates
- Availability for extensive travelling in the region, for 35% of the time.
- Strong commitment to gender equality, inclusivity and child safeguarding
It will be considered an advantage:
- Having worked before in more than one country where tdh supports programmes
- Command of local or official languages in at least 2 countries
The position is only open to South African nationals or permanent residents in South Africa (candidates must have a SA ID)
As per tdh child safeguarding policies, a Police Clearance will be required prior to contract signing.
Applications, including CV and cover letter outlining qualifications for the job position and the contact numbers of 2 professional references should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org until 27 March 2020. Due to anticipated high volumes of applications, please note that the selection team will only respond to shortlisted candidates.