The Haven Night Shelter
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to offer social work services, rehabilitation opportunities, family reunification services, physical care and support to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven seeks to appoint 3 Hosts to be based in Napier Street or Paarl, Western Cape.
Remuneration: R5 700.00 per month
Employment Type: Permanent
Reports to: Respective Shelter Managers.
- The Host will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a calm, safe and functional environment.
- Being an excellent host to guests and clients of the Haven.
- The initial intake of clients.
- Supervising clients in their allocated duties.
- Administrative duties.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the shelter and housekeeping.
- Reside in the area close to the shelter or in the surrounding areas,
- Code B drivers licence, Grade 10 Certificate, be able to work shifts and alternate weekends, ability to interact with clients from different cultures and religions, manage conflict situations,
- Basic level of computer literacy - MS Office, MS Excel and Outlook, ability to work as a team player, be of sober habits, no criminal record, be in good health, experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage.
NB. The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send two pages CV, and motivational letter to HR email@example.com. Please note if all the relevant documentation (CV or motivational letter) is not attach to your application will not be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please indicate in the subject line for which post you apply: HOST: Napier Street or Paarl
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies