Institute for Economic Justice (IEJ)
The IEJ is an activist economic-policy think tank. The core objective of the IEJ is to provide policy makers and progressive social forces with access to rigorous economic analysis, and well thought through policy options, as a basis for advancing systemic change. Interventions proposed by the IEJ must advance social justice, promote equitable economic development that realises socio-economic rights, and ensure a thriving, democratic, environmentally sustainable, and inclusive economy that places the needs of the majority at the centre.
IEJ seeks to appoint a new Director seek to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose of this position will be either as a Co-Director or Deputy Director (experience dependent).
- Required experience:
- Background in economics / economic policy:
- Masters in economics and/or experience in economic research, economic policy, social justice work or associated fields.
- Organisational leadership:
- Minimum two years’ experience in a management/leadership capacity.
- Writing, editing and publishing experience:
- Strong writing and communication skills with a publishing record – academic or popular.
- Engagement with partners:
- Track record of working collaboratively with partner organisations and policy makers.
- Preferred experience
- Strategic planning:
- experience in organisational strategic planning.
- Fundraising, reporting:
- experience in engaging funders and/or drafting funding proposals and/or drafting funding reports
- Budget and finance:
- competence at managing a budget
- Other skills:
- Good computer skills – MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel and Email proficiency.
- Fluent in English, and preferably fluency in other South African languages.
- In line with the IEJ’s policy on transformation, strong priority will be given to black women candidates.
- Organisational structure:
- The IEJ currently has a staff of eight.
- The new Director will work together with Co-Director Gilad Isaacs (who will remain in his role).
- The new Director will be based at the IEJ offices in Johannesburg – 62 Juta Street, Braamfontein.
To apply please complete the form at the following link : https://forms.gle/oDjJKm36CPvKMK1z9
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The remuneration package will be at sector standard rates (including medical aid and retirement fund) and within the budget of the IEJ. (See job advert here.)
The IEJ reserves the right not to appoint a candidate or to readvertise if a suitable candidate is not found.
For more about South African Institute of International Affairs, refer to www.iej.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies