Friends of Valkenberg Trust
The Friends of Valkenberg Trust is an NPO working in conjunction with hospital staff at Valkenberg Psychiatric Hospital to promote the recovery of people with serious mental illnesses.
The Friends of Valkenberg Trust seeks to appoint a Director to be based in Cape town.
Employment Type: Part-time (15 hours / week)
Start date: 1 May 2020.
The purpose of the position is to find a people-oriented leader with solid NPO management skills. Someone who will be inspired by a vision of recovery from mental illness and is able to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders to make the vision a reality. The Director will provide creative and collaborative leadership to a small, skilled and cohesive team that coordinates a range of recovery focused services delivered by 60 volunteers.
Reports to: Board of Trustees
- Program management,
- HR and liaison with Valkenberg staff and other stakeholders.
- With the support of the Board, the Director is responsible for the financial management and long term sustainability of the organisation.
- Applicants should show an understanding of monitoring and evaluation and NPO governance.
- Their Director will demonstrate a high level of integrity and show excellent communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a qualification / experience in the field of mental health / allied field.
Are you, or is someone you know, ready for this exciting new challenge and opportunity?
Please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the contribution you could make to their organisation and community to Sandra Matthew,
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more about The Friends of Valkenberg Trust, refer to www.friendsofvalkenberg.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies