Transitions Foundation Coordinator-Stipended
Founded in 2011, Transitions Foundation works to improve the performance of young people across the spectrum of educational needs. We recognise that young South Africans face a myriad of challenges as they try to transition their way through school and our aim is to facilitate these transitions by helping them overcome the obstacles that lie between hardship and happiness.
Through our Saturday school programmes, Transitions provides tutoring and mentoring, master classes with some of the country’s most talented young people, as well as leadership and workplace skills development to help our country’s youth. We run a 10-week summer and 10-week winter academic support programmes for high school learners in Rabie Ridge, Midrand. We are looking currently recruiting for a part time Coordinator in the Johannesburg area that can manage our operations and scale up our work.
Our ideal candidate must possess strong leadership capabilities, be highly self-motivated, driven, hardworking, passionate about young people and social impact, and an all-round team player.
This role could potentially be filled by someone who holds another job in a related field (e.g. teaching, non-profit management, etc) and is able to commit 40% of their time to managing the operations of Transitions Foundation.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Summer & winter school programme planning & implementation
- Facilitation of Skills Sessions
- Facilitate smooth running of programme when in session
- Recruitment & registration of learners
- Overseeing all the administrative duties at school
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Sourcing and managing suppliers
- Preparation of light meal and safeguarding of cutlery and crockery
- Onsite support for tutors, interns and learners
- Manage Tutors and Interns
- Management of social media and Transition Foundation website
- Maintain database of Transitions Foundation Alumni
- Support mentorship team
- Learner support
The above is a guide, as the Coordinator role could evolve as the organisation’s needs develop.
To apply, send a 2-3 page CV and 1 page Letter of Motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 7 March 2020.
For more on the Transitions Foundation, please visit www.transitionsfoundation.co.za
Rabie Ridge, Midrand