Adonis Musati Project (AMP)
The Adonis Musati Project (AMP) was named after a young Zimbabwean man who died of starvation on the streets of Cape Town while queuing to get his asylum papers. The project strives to empower marginalised refugees and migrants in South Africa through fostering sustainable support networks and encouraging personal development that achieves lasting change.
AMP seeks to appoint a part-time Bookkeeper, to be based in Wynberg, Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to find a person to assist in the Finance team but someone who will also perform numerous Office Admin and Payroll Support tasks.
Employment Type: Hours - Mon to Thu 8.30am to 3pm and Fri 8.30 to 12.30pm.
- Load creditor details and capture payments on banking platform
- Weekly cash counts
- Issuing petty cash and disbursement of vouchers to beneficiaries
- Preparing recurring monthly payment requisitions for regular payments
- Refreshing SAGE and allocating new transactions to correct accounts and funders
- Recording petty cash transactions in SAGE
- Filing, preparing new files, printing POP’s
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit and additional donor specific audits.
- Minimum Grade 12 with accounting or financial administration qualifications.
- Previous experience as a bookkeeper essential
- Previous experience in an NGO preferable and have a desire to work in an NGO
- Be highly computer literate: Intermediate Excel skills a must and SAGE Online knowledge advantageous
- Drivers license and car required
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English
- Must be organized and work efficiently
- Be committed, honest and reliable and be willing to work as part of the team
- A “can do” attitude and be willing to assist in areas out of the job description
Interested applicants should send their CV's to Hr@adonismusatiproject.org
For more about the Adonis Musati Project, refer to www.adonismusatiproject.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies