Conservation South Africa
TOTAL ORGANIC CARBON (TOC) AND INORGANIC CARBON ANALYZER (IC) FOR LIQUID SAMPLES
Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation based economic growth models and long-term human well-being
As part of climate resilience projects on communal land, CSA is testing the stability of soil carbon under varying land management. Doing this requires analyses of carbon in dissolved, particulate and mineral-associated organic matter in soil.
To analyse the dissolved organic carbon CSA wishes to purchase a TOTAL ORGANIC CARBON (TOC) Analyser with the following specifications and considerations:
Scale: Research laboratory scale, i.e. no high through-put, in-line systems
Method: The system must be compliant with EPA methods 415.1, 415.3, 9060A, Standard Methods 5310B, EP 2.2.44, ISO 8245, EN 1484, USP 643 (chapter 24), ASTM D 2579, prENV 13370, and AOAC 973.47, i.e. either wet or dry oxidation but dry plus a NDIR detector is preferred
Sampling: Autocalibration, auto-dilution and auto-sampling in one machine preferred
Particulates in sample: Soils extracted in water (ca. 5 g in 35 mL H2O) and filtered through a 20 µm nylon membrane have, despite filtration, particulate up to 200 µm. Although these can be removed by centrifugation we prefer an analyser that can include these particles via combustion with no additional accessories
TOC Range: part per billion (ppb) to parts per million (ppm) range. Note that our preliminary sample analyses are in ca. 2 – 50 ppm range
Inorganic C: in-vessel sparging without separate sample preparation preferred
Accessories, extras and interface:
- If an autosampler is not integrated into the analyser, please itemize and include this in your price.
- If a printer and /or computer are required to interface with the analyser, indicate whether our available hardware (Proline PC with Windows 10, Intel Core i7 processor; HP Lazerjet 1300 printer) will be compatible, and if not please include in your price the cost of a suitable interface.
- Please indicate whether the unit can be integrated with a Total Nitrogen (TN) analyzer, and if so, please indicate the price (but do not include in quote).
- Brief cover letter or email,
- Brochure of analyser and
- Delivery costs and delivery times post payment to be clearly indicated
- Company Profile
- Proof of registration (Company) or valid South African Identity Document
- Indicate your organisation’s current BBBEE status and attach verification documentation
- A tax clearance certificate
Applications responding to this Request for Quotations (RFQ) are due, via e-mail, to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 18 March 2020. For queries please call Amanda Maree or Heidi Hawkins on 021 100 3950.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Upon approval of the proposal, the successful service provider will be required to sign a service contract.
Applicants who have received no response within 7 days of the closing should kindly assume that their bid was unsuccessful. CSA reserves the right not to appoint a service provider if the applicants do not meet the required standards.