Jewish community Services (JCS)
Jewish community Services is a Jewish welfare organisation offering a full range of welfare services to people across all age groups within the Jewish community.
JCS seeks to appoint a field social worker to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to find a person to join their team to render a full range of preventative, supportive and statutory services.
Duties would include a full range of statutory services, liaison and interaction with schools and other welfare organisations, community work and residential care.
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Registration as a Social worker with the South African Council of Social Service Professionals (SACSSP)
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with a wide variety of people of all ages and at all stages of life
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to communicate clearly with challenging personalities and manage difficult situations in a sensitive and discrete way.
- Excellent counselling skills with the ability to maintain high standards of professionalism with clients
- Highly organised and efficient individual with attention to detail who can multitask and work well under pressure
- Ability to work effectively in a team is essential
- Passionate about working in and for the community with experience or knowledge of the Jewish Community and Jewish way of life.
- Driver’s licence and own car is essential.
Email Loren for an application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application, kindly consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
For more about Jewish community Services, refer to http://www.jcs.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies