Save The Children
Fixed Term: Fixed term contract
Reports to: Advocacy Manager
Child Protection Level: Level 2
Travel Requirements: Travel mainly in Gauteng province
Budget Responsibilities: None
Asset Responsibilities: Own Laptop
External Representation: Regular
CHILD SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT:
Save the Children South Africa has a zero tolerance towards the abuse and exploitation of children by any of our representatives, and we are equally committed to doing everything within our power to avoid unintended harm or accidents to children as a result of any of our activities.
SACSoWACH seeks to recruit a part time secretariat support who will support all the 3 outputs of the programme. This will include support to the SACSoWACH chairs to improve the governance structure, co-ordinate key meetings and events, produce regular reports on meetings and activities, seek out and co-ordinate funding proposals, support SACSoWACH key events and to maintain the coalition website and social media platforms with up to date progress of the coalition’s activities.
This position will be a part-time employment based in the SCSA Office in Pretoria. The incumbent will be expected to work a minimum of 4 days per month for the period of 12 months providing secretariat support to the SACSoWACH Chairperson.
- Coordinate and facilitate the registration of SACSoWACH as a Non-Profit Organization
- Coordinate re-branding of SACSoWACH, i.e. logo and relevant communication materials
- Facilitate the communication between SACSoWACH members, leadership and patron, including consultation with the leadership regarding SACSoWACH branded activities (ongoing);
- Facilitate the review of the SACSoWACH constitution- end product is a revised constitution
- Facilitate the development of a code of conduct for SACSoWACH- end product is a code of conduct
- Facilitate the review of the SACSoWACH strategy- end product is a revised strategy
- Co-ordinate the recruitment of new member organizations- end product is an increased number of member organisations
- Record minutes and action points for key SACSoWACH members and sub-committee meetings—end product is 6 meeting reports
- Monitor the implementation of TWG action plans and strategy execution in consultation with TWGs, Chair and Co-Chairs- end result is quarterly progress reports
- Co-ordinate the development of 3 proposals for SACSoWACH funding with the SACSoWACH Chair, the Co-chairs and the sub-committee members from each TWG —end product is 3 finalized proposals approved by the SACSoWACH chairs and submitted according to deadline
- Write a communications plan for SACSoWACH social media in conjunction with the SACSoWACH Communications lead (from GHI) for planned TWG advocacy activities
- Write content for social media following 12 key SACSoWACH events and members’ activities end product is 12 short reports/posts with photographs for posting on Facebook, twitter, blog (monthly newsletter) and the website
- Generate an annual report for SACSoWACH plans, activities and achievements
The position to start as soon as possible and will run for 12 months.
Required Expertise and Experience:
The suitable candidate should possess the following expertise and skills as a minimum:
- University degree in Public Health, Experience in Sexual and Reproductive Health programmes, International development Studies, Social Sciences or other relevant technical field.
- Health programme management experience in the health/NGO/development sector.
- Proven experience in advocacy, communications, writing fundraising proposals and donor reports.
- Excellent and Effective English writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Own laptop and transport to travel to and from the meetings
Interested parties should submit their CV with a 1-page application or cover letter including the expected remuneration per month.
The application should include:
- Motivation letter
- Evidence of similar work
- Evidence of qualifications and experience
All applications should be submitted by email to Litlhare Rabele, email@example.com, by midnight on 06 March 2020. Please ensure that the subject line states “Secretariat support to SACSoWACH".
Should you not hear from us after two weeks from the closing date consider your application unsuccessful.