Common Good is a Christian faith-based, not-for-profit organisation founded by Common Ground Church in 2005, working in a range of communities. We're passionate about addressing issues of social justice that challenge our city. They seek to make a positive and lasting impact in the areas of early life, education and employment, so that individuals and communities across Cape Town can build brighter futures for themselves.
Common Good seeks to appoint a Resource Developer to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to find a motivated, driven and experienced person who has a passion for social justice with a strong willingness to contribute towards positive impact in our organisation. The purpose of this role is to raise and secure funds for Common Good’s work across each initiative, giving strategic input into the overall fundraising plan, executing the fundraising plan, developing and nurturing institutional and individual donor relationships, identifying and cultivating prospective donors, and regularly meeting or surpassing fundraising targets. The Resource Developer/fundraiser will work closely with the Relationship Resource Developer and team to deliver the agreed fundraising strategy, goals and standards.
- The successful individual will be responsible for the following duties, which are not limited to:
- Contribute to resource development strategy and implement agreed plan with minimal supervision
- Manage the data, systems, communication, reconciliation, reporting from our major giving day
- Continue to improve systems for efficiency
- Coordinate all aspects relating to fundraising events
- Manage all fundraising processes and workflow of the fundraising team
- Ability to maintain positive relationships across many teams
- Prospect and research potential new donors to increase fundraising income
- Managing excellent, effective and articulate communication with new and existing donors face to face, and all communication avenues
- Manage the process of proposal funding and grant applications
- Report to donors in a timeous and informative manner
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied
- Securing sponsorships and contributions for special events and campaigns
- Researching and implementing new fundraising opportunities
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure donors are receiving inspiring feedback
- Your own transport is essential, as travel to visit donors is required.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Marketing, Communications)
- Three to four years project management experience essential
- Experience managing donor information and proficiency in database management
- Previous report writing experience
- Willingness to contribute to the values and ethos of Common Good is essential
- Competencies and abilities:
- Personal motivation, drive and self-direction. Able to work with minimal supervision to achieve fundraising objectives
- Highly proactive with good self-leadership
- Results orientated
- Ability to analyse and draw conclusions from data and right up reports
- Systems and process focussed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Excellent at developing and maintaining relationships strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals & teams is essential
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Resilient and open to working with various personalities
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of projects
- Adaptable to new projects and requirements
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to implement a fundraising strategy
- Understanding of the funding environment, CSI, BBBEE
- Track record of project and event management
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong track record in representing organisations in a professional and positive manner and building strong relationships
- Sound budgeting, donor reporting and administrative abilities
- Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) essential
To apply, please send a motivational cover letter, your CV and two recent work references.
Link to full job profile: https://www.commongood.org.za/careers/
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
REF: Indicate the job title in the subject line
NOTE: An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within one month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. They reserve the right not to fill the position.
You like to work independently to make big ideas happen; you like helping people realise their goals and ambitions and you enjoy contributing to the greater good and changing the fabric of society. As part of a young team, you'll have scope to make this role your own, working with budgets strategically, as well as in the detail to make sure we reach our targets. If you thrive on making things happen and work well with energising and envisioning people - a "sales" type personality - you will do well in this role. You will be a systems and process lover, problem solver, creative thinker, detail orientated, and methodical (nothing to slip through the cracks). You will be excellent at event management, data analysis, and high-level reporting. You will need little supervision as a proactive approach to tasks and self-leadership will allow you to excel in this role!
For more about Common Good, refer to https://www.commongood.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies