mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across eight sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower HIV-positive women to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
Finance System Specialist
The position of Finance Systems Specialist is responsible for providing end-user support for all m2m financial systems. Troubleshooting, testing, and monitoring modules and integrations and assisting in resolving production issues. Delivering online training and documentation to users. Gathering and translating user requirements into enhancement strategies and then developing solutions. As a member of the Corporate Finance and Systems Team, this role identifies system data, hardware or software components required to meet user needs, develops guidelines for implementing secure systems for employees, and is responsible for oversight of all the financial and administrative systems (i.e. Navigator, Replicon, etc.) and acts as the super-user for all these systems. The role of Finance System Specialist designs all relevant training material and tools and leads the training of all m2m staff on the financial and administrative systems. The position supports both the Finance Manager (CFAS) and the Finance Manager (General Accounting) with the design and implementation of business processes across all units of the organisation with direct interface at both Head Office and Country level. The position reports to the Finance Manager, is based at the m2m Head Office in Cape Town with opportunities for occasional travel.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage financial and administrative systems (Navision Serenic, Replicon, Adaptive, Jet, Sage etc)
- Capacity Building and Support to users
- Process support
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recognized 3 year Financial/Administration Degree/Diploma
- At least 5-8 years working experience of which at least 5 years were spent providing technical support on financial systems and delivering end user training
- Experience working in low resource countries and across multiple countries
- NGO experience preferred
- Sound technical acumen
- Proactive, solution-oriented approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and decision makers
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters with minimum supervision
- Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce a high level of output consistently while working independently and/or within a team
- Ability to train and facilitate different levels of staff on accounting and administrative systems and processes
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Proven superior knowledge and experience of computerized systems, preferably with accounting packages and advanced Excel skills
- Ability to rationalise work, apply advanced systems to simplify work and negotiate systems improvements and propose solutions.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 06 March 2020.