BORDA South Africa
The BORDA South Africa Country Director will be responsible for furthering BORDA’s mission in South Africa, which includes supporting South African municipalities in establishing decentralised sanitation schemes and promoting integrated sanitation solutions for peri-urban and urban areas.
Bremen Overseas Research & Development Association (BORDA e.V.) is an expert NGO specialising in full-cycle decentralised sanitation. For over 40 years, their award-winning solutions have empowered people and set new standards in 20+ countries around the world. They aim to play a leading role in international efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
BORDA SA seeks to appoint a Country Director to be based in Durban.
The purpose of the position is to be responsible for furthering BORDA’s mission in South Africa, which includes supporting South African municipalities in establishing decentralised sanitation schemes and promoting integrated sanitation solutions for peri-urban and urban areas.
- Excellent leadership, management, presentation, and networking skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in civil engineering, urban planning, environmental studies, development studies, or other relevant field. Additional qualifications in project management, communications, facilitation, business development, and/or international relations desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience (10+ years preferred) in nonprofit management, programme management, development, coordination, and/or director roles in a similar sector, with extensive knowledge of the South African WASH sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, external actors and allies.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and the ability to mentor junior staff members.
- Willingness and availability to travel regularly within South Africa and internationally.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Demonstrated success in cross-cultural communication.
- Flexible, highly motivated, and inspiring.
- Ability to live and work in South Africa.
- Managing the growing BORDA South Africa operations, including overseeing finances and compliance with South African regulations and donor requirements, supervising staff, and strategic planning.
- Resource mobilisation, maintaining donor relations, and timely reporting.
- Coordination with BORDA headquarters in Bremen, BORDA Africa country offices, partners organisations, municipalities, research institutions, etc.
- Programme development and management, particularly related to decentralised sanitation and capacity development.
This is a full-time position based in Durban on a fixed-term contract basis. To apply, send CV and cover letter to Alvin Anderson (email@example.com). Contact Carley Truyens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about BORDA, refer to www.borda-africa.org/south-africa/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies