Clowns Without Borders South Africa (CWBSA)
Clowns Without Borders South Africa (CWBSA) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to raising awareness and improving the psychosocial wellbeing of children, families, and communities in areas of crisis and adversity. The key portfolios of CWBSA are, firstly to develop creative artistic interventions such as interactive performances to shift attitudes and mobilise, as well as provide laughter to children and families, and secondly to provide technical assistance and capacity-building in the implementation and scale up of Parenting for Lifelong Health programmes for Children (age 2-9 years old) and Adolescents (age 10-18) for partner agencies, to reduce the risk of violence against children and improve child wellbeing in low- and middle-income countries.
CWBSA seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper to be based in Pietermaritzburg.
Start date: 1st of April 2020 with a 1-year contract renewable subject to performance and funding
Reports to: Finance Manager
Remuneration: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Employment Type: Part-Time (2 full days a week)
- The Bookkeeper will support general day-to-day financial operations of the organisation.
- The responsibilities of the Bookkeeper include:
- Capturing and reconciling financial transactions onto Pastel Accounting Programme.
- Conduct monthly and periodic reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Issue financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Support administration through travel bookings, courier services, visa, accommodation and/or tendering processes.
- Provide additional support and provide information to management, Board, auditors as requested by supervisor.
- Diploma in Accountancy or similar qualification preferred.
- Previous experience in finance and business desirable.
- Commitment or experience in the non-profit sector.
- Excellent presentation and written skills in English.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently using one’s own initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to maintain multiple projects.
- Excellent intercultural skills and experience working with diverse cultures both within SA and internationally.
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated skills in Pastel accountancy software and Microsoft Office software.
- Right to work in South Africa.
Please send an email with the subject entitled “Bookkeeper” to email@example.com. Applications must include 1) CV, 2) 3 professional referees and 3) Motivational letter describing in detail how you meet the skills and qualifications.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
CWBSA reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found.
While CWBSA thanks all interested applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
For more about CWBSA, refer to www.cwbsa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies