Cape Mental Health
Cape Mental Health is a non-profit organisation that offers comprehensive and proactive mental health services in the Western Cape. One of its programmes, the Rainbow PSR Groups, offers community-based psychosocial rehabilitation and support to adults with psychiatric /psychosocial disabilities in the form of 26 weekly support groups.
Cape Mental Health seeks to appoint a supervisor to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to find a dynamic and highly motivated individual as a supervisor at their Special Education and Care Centre in Rocklands, Mitchells Plain for children with severe/profound intellectual disabilities.
- Minimum NQF Level 5 Qualification relevant to the field of intellectual disability
- Experience managing a day programme for children with severe / profound Intellectual Disability
- Experience in day centre management
- Proficient in English and Afrikaans
- Basic computer literacy and administration skills
- Experience in managing staff/volunteers
- Basic understanding of financial management
- Manage the daily operational activities of the day-centre
- Delegate and supervise staff duties
- Secure the safety of the children
- Liaise and communicate with the community
- Report to the Programme Manager
- Coordinate regular parent meetings
- Manage own centre’s administration
- Co-ordinate transport
- Keep records of staff & children
- Keep petty cash, handle collection of parent contributions
- Plan and monitor project own fundraising
- Manage admissions, attendance and ensuring centre is filled to capacity
- Responsible for managing and maintaining assets / busses
To apply, please submit a letter of motivation and an updated C.V. with contactable references to Attention: Mpilo Khumalo SECC Programme Manager, Deliver Cape Mental Health, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Cape Mental Health, refer to www.cmh.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies