Cornerstone Institute seeks a highly competent and experienced Librarian to be responsible for acquiring, organising, managing and distributing library resources, and ensuring that library provision meets the needs of all its users.
Cornerstone seeks to appoint a Librarian to be based in Cape Town.
Reporting to: Faculty Manager
Starting date: 1 April 2020
- Bachelor's degree in Library Information Science or Teaching degree;
- Postgraduate or Honours qualification advantageous;
- Registration with LIASA will be advantageous;
- Computer literacy is essential especially in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel;
- Experience in an Academic Library would be an advantage.
- Must have own Transport
- Key Competencies:
- Expertise to classifying and cataloguing all resources and managing them appropriately;
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, administrative and communication skills;
- Ability to support learners in identifying, locating and accessing information they may require;
- The energy and passion to encourage and develop a culture of reading and learning;
- The ability to work accurately under pressure and a team player who is enthusiastic, energetic and creative;
- Selecting, cataloguing and classifying library resources;
- To facilitating and support learning by teaching information literacy skills to students and staff within classrooms or virtual learning environments;
- To encourage a reading culture (Friendly atmosphere, friendly and inviting learning environment, assist with queries, displays, additional services; Public PC's Internet access, printing, copying);
- To ensure Library policies and rules are adhered to;
- To ensure a well-stocked and resourceful library;
- Library Administration functions;
- Manage the routine operation of the inter library loans and requests service;
- Liaises with academic operations to ensure lecturers have all the academic material they require for presenting lectures;
- Trains students and lecturers on how to use the library databases;
- Provide support for Student Information / Digital Literacy Classes and Lecturer Information Sessions;
- Provides guidance to students on academic writing and referencing styles;
- Arranges monthly displays and promotes library resources;
- Monitor the performance of all functions of library automated library systems;
- Updates new books on the system to ensure accurate record keeping;
- Recruit and train student assistants;
- Provide students and Lecturers support as needed.
To apply please email your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com. In your covering letter please outline your suitability for the post. EE candidates and Cape Town based applicants will be considered.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Cornerstone Institute, refer to https://cornerstone.ac.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies