Aquity Innovations NPC
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations is implementing a STOP TB grant to work with the private sector to find missing TB cases in the community. The project is in its second year of implementation, and is scaling up efforts to find, test and treat TB in the community.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Community Health Care workers will be working with assigned General Practitioners (GPs) to screen communities for TB, link them to care and provide support to patients during their treatment journey. Community Health Care Workers for the project are expected to be respectful and diligent in carry out their duties. The positions will run from February 2020 till Dec 2020.
- Report to catchment health facility to get list of all TB cases in your area of intervention
- Participate in door to door to activations, to conduct health education on TB and infection control
- Screen people for TB, including collection of sputum and delivery to health facility/GP
- Linkage of TB patients to allocated GP/Health facility
- Ensure TB patients are on treatments and attending appointments at GP/Health Facilities
- Report to Team Leader on patients screened, diagnosed, linked to care and visited
- At least 2 years’ experience working as community health care worker or equivalent
- Should reside in Port Elizabeth
- Good interpersonal skills, and proficient in local languages
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, indicating the position and district applied for, to email@example.com before the 14th February 2020.