iThemba Rape and Trauma Support Centres
The iThemba Rape and Trauma Support centre is a nonprofit organisation, dedicated to offering comprehensive care for the survivors of traumatic events, as well as their family and friends. This care includes counselling, treatment for physical trauma, prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases and the careful gathering of forensic evidence.
iThemba seeks to appoint a Centre Manager to be based in Benoni, Johannesburg.
10 February 2020 Internal and External Notice: Vacancy Centre Manager (contract position) Based at Benoni Office Starting Date: 1st April 2020
- Business Management / Business administration / Human Resources Management Degree or Diploma
- 5 to 10 years of experience working in an administrative environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Human Resources will be an advantage
- Excellent Computer skills
- Willing to work after hours when required
- Certified ID Copy
- Contactable references
- Certified Proof of qualifications
- Certified copy of Valid driver’s licence
- Meticulous, organised and deadline driven
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge in Supervision
- Knowledge of legislations related to Victim Empowerment Programme and Human Resources
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Excellent writing, communication and language skills
- Ability to work with team and without supervision
- Overseeing the daily activities and duties at a centre is the direct responsibility of a Centre Manager.
- Handling of security, operational, human resources and financial matters while overseeing the booking of resources.
- As a Centre Manager you will be required to perform the following tasks are:
- Managing – Administrative duties of all three programs of the organisation.
- Performing administration of Social work service,
- Department of Social Development and Human Resources administrative duties
- Preparing and compiling administration of monthly, quarterly, six monthly and annual reports for the Department of Social Development.
- Stakeholders, management, board,
- Department of Social Developments Forum meetings as well as conducting staff monthly meetings
- Oversee staff development and training.
- Marketing and fundraising
- Taking Advantage of business opportunities with corporate companies for funding, marketing and fundraising purposes.
- Conduct budgeting by managing petty cash, compile and record all monthly expenditure, identify deviation timeously and ensure that all salaries are correctly allocated, ensure that all salaries are paid on payment date and ensure that all expenses are paid in accordance to contract or proper invoices due.
- The upkeep of the building and liaise with the landlord when issues occur
- Daily responsibilities and correspondence.
- Required skills:
- Being innovative and creative
- Being motivated
- Being exceedingly organised
- Being able to relate to people
- Being influential
- Strong leadership ability
- Being flexible
- Being assertive
- Being discrete
- Being an effective team player
- Office management
- Project management
- Time management
Kindly send an updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your CV at iThemba offices in Benoni Closing date for this vacancy.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note that should you not be contacted by the 13th March 2020, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Kind regards Board of Directors