IRD SA NPC
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
IRD SA NPC seeks to appoint a Quality Improvement Advisor to be based in Pretoria, Gauteng.
Employment Type: Fixed term contract
Reports to: Country Director/Chief of Party
- The Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor will spend at least 50% of time working directly with district health teams every month, with responsibility for providing coaching and mentoring to DoH staff and to District Support Partners (DSP) at district,
- Sub-district and facility levels, including documenting all processes and challenges identified during visits, for tabling at district and national meetings.
- The QI Advisor is expected to guide DoH staff (including nurses, doctors and managers) to utilise existing quality improvement tools,
- Support the implementation of the Siyenza Dashboard,
- Techniques and methodologies,
- Develop and test models for improvement in care and facilitate knowledge sharing and learning sessions for QI capacity-building,
- Especially at district and sub-district levels.
- The QI Advisor will review processes as part of the hospitals, CHCs,
- Clinics or another type of healthcare services and National Department of Health (NDOH) continuous improvement process,
- Focusing on DS-TB, DR-TB and TB-HIV in district and sub-district levels.
- Responsible to work with district and sub-district health facilities/hospitals and health management to develop, maintain, and implement plans to achieve quality improvement goals and manage personnel
- Ensure that all conform to standards, regulations, policies and improve quality of services and deliver a patient ethically centred service
- Assist with developing learning materials, review and implementation
- Work closely with the District and sub-district leadership health teams in preparation of all district level trainings and learning sessions
- Participate and assist with teaching in all district level learning sessions to make sure that all collaboratives are being run in a similar manner
- Provide technical assistance (TA) to ensure management and improvement on use of the Facility Improvement Plans (FIPs) among Siyenza and non-Siyenza facilities that are supported by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Investigating irregularly treatment and management including failure to adhere to recommended monitoring and evaluation, safety or institutional standards
- Oversees and monitor the quality improvement program and develop performance improvement targets
- Human resource planning and management by performance management and ensure corrective management
- Provide support to data experts through training data capturers to improve the quality and reliability of data used by QI teams to assess the effect of changes
- Establish relationships and work closely with DOH managers, especially the Quality Assurance managers, Coordinators and other stakeholders (DSPs) at the district and facility level
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders including facility committees, community participation and quality improvement committees at sub-district and site level to maintain quality improvement
- Ensure the provision of high-quality services measured by outcomes of various quality assurance activities
- Plan and conduct regular site visits to conduct data quality assessments and ascertain data related issues
- Provide TA to Siyenza and 'Non-Siyenza dashboard' sites for monthly and quarterly reporting and contribute to other required technical reports.
- Collect, verify and timeous submission of accurate statistics monthly and quarterly and narrative reports according to request and project prescription.
- Honors degree (or equivalent) in Public Health, Statistics, Population studies (Demography), Economics or in related/relevant field.
- Experience on TB/DR-TB and TB-HIV/AIDS programmes in quality improvement project/s
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills in English and at least one other South African language
- A keen interest in pharmacovigilance
- Valid unendorsed code 8 driver’s licence
- Knowledge of South Africa’s current evident-based DS-TB, DR-TB and TB-HIV investigations and treatment
- Knowledge with Siyenza Dashboard for reporting
- Experience in DS-TB, DR-TB and TB-HIV program monitoring, evaluation and information management systems
- Developing and making professional presentations and graphs
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about Interactive Research and Development South Africa, refer to www.irdresearch.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies