Choc Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa
CHOC is a non-profit organisation made up of caring, committed and passionate people who stand up for and support the well-being of children and teenagers diagnosed with cancer or life threatening blood disorders and their families. CHOC aims to save lives through early detection and making the journey of those who are affected by childhood cancer, less burdensome through the comprehensive support programmes they offer.
CHOC seeks to appoint a Regional accounts coordinator/bookkeeper to be based in Rivonia.
Reports To: CHOC Finance and Administration Manager
Start Date: 01 April 2020
Remuneration: Salary in the range of 216k-252k per annum with contributions towards a pension fund and medical aid.
The purpose of this position is to perform various accounting processes to achieve compliance, consistency and efficiency in the Finance and Administration Department
1. Financial Duties at National Office:
- Prepare payment requisitions, including budget information, for NO Finance Unit overhead and recurrent payments.
- Load and part release weekly EFT payments for NO and the COWS.(CHOC’s Fundraising Arm)
- Check submissions for travel and expenses claims and process reimbursements.
- Full function of the debit order process - maintenance of donor details, bank recons, monthly and annual payment reports.
- Order, issue and record receipt and purchase order books.
- Count and issue receipts for cash and cheques received at NO.
- Deposit cash and cheques received at NO (including COWS).
- Download and distribute audit reports (payment advices) for NO and the COWS.
- Manage NO petty cash.
- Posting fleet card and insurance transactions to the General Ledger.
- Reconciliation of relevant general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain preferred supplier listing
- Provide administrative and accounting support as required by the finance unit.
2. Regional Financial Duties for at least four regions (Provinces)
- Check and process regional cashbooks in the respective regional ledger.
- Check and reconcile petty cash and transport funds.
- Reconcile regional bank accounts and accounts payable ledgers.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports.
- These include but not limited to Income Statement,
- Variance reports and detailed general ledgers.
- Provide assistance with loading and releasing of Regional EFT payments and funding transfers.
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures.
- Preparation for audit requirements.
- BCom or Accounting Diploma (or in process)
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working in a finance environment
- Additional Training:
- A sound working knowledge of at least one well known Accounting system, preferably Sage Evolution
- Skills and Attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Excel,
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to take and display initiative,
- Critical thinking and a champion for compliance,
- Honesty and integrity,
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Language Proficiency:
- Fluency in English
- Computer literacy (MS Office) and good administrative skills.
To apply submit your CV with the names and contact details of at least 3 recent referees as well as the following documentation to reach the HR Administrator at email@example.com.
PLEASE USE RAC/BOOKEEPER on the subject line
- Certified copy of your identity document/passport
- Certified copy of your driver’s licence
- Certified copy of your degree certificate/academic record
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not received a response by close of business Friday 21 February 2020 consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, refer to choc.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies