The Zenex Foundation is an independent grant-maker investing in mathematics and language education in South Africa since 1995. The Foundation’s strategic focus is driven by a deep belief in the proven relationship between language proficiency and success in mathematics and overall learner performance. The Foundation's goal is to improve teaching and learning outcomes in mathematics and language. Over the past 25 years, the Zenex Foundation has disbursed almost R1 billion in the South African education sector. The impact of this expenditure has been evaluated through extensive research and enquiry, and important lessons have been learnt about how donors can support the improvement of learner performance at school level.
The Zenex seeks to appoint an Intern to be based in Parktown, Johannesburg.
The purpose of this position is to support the Programme Management team. The Zenex Foundation launched an Internship Programme as part of its 20-year legacy in 2015 to offer unemployed graduates an opportunity to gain work experience. The Foundation wishes to continue to contribute to the provision of work experience to unemployed graduates. While undertaking the work experience, the interns are encouraged to focus on an area for personal professional development. All of this is aimed at providing experience to build a CV, understand and function in a work environment and build skills for the workplace. The Programme Management Team is responsible for managing (designing, monitoring and evaluating) all grants made to service providers. These service providers include researchers, academics, non-profit organisations and other programme implementers. Our key stakeholders include government (national, provincial and district), service providers (education NGOs) and other grant-makers.
The Programme Management Team consists of 7 people (3 Directors and 4 Programme Managers).
Reports to: one of the Directors.
Employment Type: two-year internship, 8h30am to 5pm.
Remuneration: The intern will receive a stipend.
- Provide administrative support as directed, to the Programme Management Team:
- Coordinate internal/external project meetings,
- Prepare and distribute meeting materials,
- Take meeting minutes, and
- Maintain and update programme management calendar.
- Attend and participate in internal and external programme management workshops/conferences as directed,
- Conduct desktop research on behalf of the Programme Management Team and provide reports, and
- Perform other tasks as required.
- The Foundation invites applicants who meet the following requirements:
- The candidate must be based in Gauteng and have a minimum of a National Diploma or a three-year undergraduate Degree preferably in Social Science or Administration.
- The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, detail oriented, organised and creative.
- The candidate should be interested in administration, able to undertake desktop research, have sound computer skills, and good written and verbal communication in English.
- Preference is given to Black South Africans.
- A passion for improving education in South Africa would be ideal.
The shortlisted individuals will be required to undergo a selection process which will include an interview to a panel selected by the Zenex Foundation.
All CVs/proposals and queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is a two-year internship and Zenex is under no obligation to continue with the role beyond the two years.
For more about the Zenex Foundation, refer to www.zenexfoundation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies