Khululeka Grief Support
Starting date: 1 April 2020
Hours: part time (5 mornings a week); permanent
Organisation: Khululeka Grief Support is a dynamic Cape Town based NGO working in the child sector. They are passionate about growing the emotional wellbeing of children and adolescents. Khululeka programmes include adult workshops on recognising and supporting grieving children and adolescents, and support groups for children and adolescents.
NOTE: This position is for someone who shares our vision for support of bereaved children and youth.
- Financial accounting and monthly processing to trial balance
- Payments and receipts
- Manual payroll process, deductions and all submissions and UIF processes
- VAT calculations and submissions
- SARS and statutory requirements
- Bank recons
- Financial management
- Managing company asset register
- Preparation and taking responsibility for the Audit
- Board and donor financial reports
- Budgets and costing exercises
- Other projects and work as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum five years’ of accounting and financial management experience preferably in the NGO sector.
- Proficient in Pastel Partner version 17, Excel, Word, SARS efiling and easyfile, Workmen’s compensation.
- Good people skills and team player.
- Experience with working with different donors and stakeholders in a non-profit environment would be preferred.
- High levels of integrity and honesty
- Spotless financial record
To apply, submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a detailed CV (including ID No)
- motivation letter
- salary expectation
- a list of 3 referees relating to financial experience
For more about Khululeka, refer to www.khululeka.org