NICRO was founded in September 1910, NICRO is one of the largest, most enduring South African non-profit organizations. NICRO specializes in social crime prevention and offender reintegration, boasts a rich, unparalleled history in human rights, juvenile justice and innovative criminal justice reform.
NICRO seeks to appoint an Area Manager to be based in Gauteng.
The purpose of this position is to ensure compliance with all relevant administrative and service policies, standards and procedures, as well as compliance with professional and ethical standards of the profession.
- Strategic implementation and management of services
- Management of supervisors
- Monitoring the implementation of supervision model
- Provincial networking
- Advocacy and lobbying ·
- Compiling management information
- Compiling provincial reports
- Stakeholder engagement
- Quality assurance
- Media spokesperson
- BA in Social Work (4 year degree) with a min 10 years’ experience in the field and 5 year supervision experience
- Registration with the SACSSP required
- Networking and excellent communications skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional trusting, relationships with other professionals in the field, communities and other stakeholders
- Acceptance of ethnic, cultural, religious, and sexual identities as well as an understanding of the socio-economic situations client’s experience.
- High level of computer skills
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and practices of all aspects of the social work profession, finance and organizational development and management, research and evaluation methodology
- Demonstrated ability to write, read, analyse, interpret and disseminate general business periodicals, professional journals, technical professional procedures, government regulations and practice related information.
- Ability to write reports, project plans, business plans, and business correspondence
Forward application to; Betzi Pierce, Operations Director
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not been contacted by 20th February 2020 for an interview you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for the position
For more about NICRO, refer to https://www.nicro.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies